Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for?

Thanks and wow ... kalkamel ... that's some fantastic news for those who are still looking for vintage T-tracks ... excellent :)

Chaim

Great thread!

I just recently did a spring clean of my work area and found that I still had a few rolls left of Saberfreak's vintage brown t-tracks. And I thought I gave my last one to Roger Christian. :p

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/kalkamel/Mobile%20Uploads/rps20160116_181357_zpsax8g08ho.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/kalkamel/Mobile%20Uploads/rps20160116_181340_zpsdgdwphlb.jpg[/URL]

Wow, are the hard plastic or more durable? And, where can I get some :-D

All these news about the T-tracks made me think I should buy a new E-11, or maybe the DLT-19 Lichtbringer talked about (and add some t-tracks there). Hmmm, you guys are a true inspiration :thumbsup, but my wallet doesn't like you :lol

I also think about buying another 1 or 2 Sterlings, just in case the new EU weapon laws will indeed affect the hobby.

Major downside is - whatever we buy before those date, seems to be not allowed to sell again later.

Great find Sym-Cha and thanks for sharing :)

If these are the ones i think they are, i also participated in the bidding :D in the end i did not think they were accurate enough but i agree that they are really great!

And you can't go wrong with all vintage items on the saber :D

The original auction in question also contained ESB parts from Roy which I reckognized all to well and did not need ... so for me I refrained from bidding just for the vintage T-tracks . . . luckily the seller was in need of a Luke ROTJ Stunt box which I could provide, hence we agreed upon a swap for his spare T-tracks ... a win-win situation for the both of us :)

Chaim

This reminds me of the article about some crazy people called "How obsessive fans built a better Han Solo blaster"

Great find! Great write up too!

Thanks guys . . . I'm over the moon to having been able to share this find with you . . . which brings me to the next step . . . how to attach these to a flashgun body? Should I create and file/sand a proper glue channel underneath? ... Or leave it as is and find the best methode of fastening without using screws i.e. double sided industrial tape or super glue or 2 parts epoxy?

Chaim

I went with tape for my ANH Vader, and I really liked the feel of it. I used epoxy on my Yoda saber. (First time using epoxy. I still have to remove some that spilled out from underneath the grips...) Now I'm questioning what method to use for Luke ANH & ESB... Contemplating super glue now after experiencing the unforgiving epoxy.

But regardless, won't it depend on what saber you're building? To determine the appropriate attach method. I thought they were attached specific ways for each build.

That is yet another matter I have been contemplating ... I have a vintage G R A F L E X as well as a nice genuine MPP ... then again I have a nice set of 7 black painted Saberfreak's vintage T-tracks too though a bit to long and with curved edges already. Still the question remains the same because those T-tracks don't have a proper glue-channel either :wacko

Chaim

If you feel comfortable adding the channel, epoxy or super glue would be the way to go I think. If you want to leave the tracks as they are then maybe the tape would be best so the glue won't squish out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks veektohr, indeed the glue squishing out from under the flat T-tracks is my main concern ... especially superglue which can leave a nasty white ghostlike residue on chrome ... that happend to fixing the rubbery grip on my MR Dooku ... took a while to clean up. So I'm even considering adding a bit of a glue-channel yet still go with tape underneath ... should the grips start to wander in time I can always add a little drop of superglue if necessary.

Chaim

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back