Kylo Ren Helmet Finished Pics on Post #26

Re: Star Wars TFA Kylo Ren Helmet

My advice is to read, read and read all you can here, plus the info on the Knights of Ren Facebook page.

Pictures of painting and I'll post a few of it close to finished after my daughter responds again!!! LOL!!!!
I used a Satin Pro Rustolium and and a Slight texture on the front front, and a Flat on the back of the front with a quick satin clear coat!
View attachment 576130View attachment 576131View attachment 576132

I was wondering what you did to get the texture on the helmet, is that a type of spray or something you apply before painting?

I was wondering what you did to get the texture on the helmet, is that a type of spray or something you apply before painting?
Hey there,
I used a Rust-oleum "hammered" Spray I don't think they have it in black, so I used a grey I had on hand, just mist it, you don'y need a lot.
Here is a picture of the spray.
Hope that helped,
AL
IMG_2352.JPG

Hey there,
I used a Rust-oleum "hammered" Spray I don't think they have it in black, so I used a grey I had on hand, just mist it, you don'y need a lot.
Here is a picture of the spray.
Hope that helped,
AL
View attachment 586342

Awesome thanks! I was also wondering since it looks like you used bondo on your build, if I'm going for a metallic look (I'm getting the cold cast version of the helmet), is there anything you need to do with the bondo so it doesn't leave matte areas where you applied it when you paint it over? I'm not really familiar with bondo so I don't know if it'll look dull or not when painted over.

Awesome thanks! I was also wondering since it looks like you used bondo on your build, if I'm going for a metallic look (I'm getting the cold cast version of the helmet), is there anything you need to do with the bondo so it doesn't leave matte areas where you applied it when you paint it over? I'm not really familiar with bondo so I don't know if it'll look dull or not when painted over.
You know I wasn't to worried about that since I was going to paint that area black anyway, but it grabbed fine just know that what ever the surface condition the plating will mirror that so if you want it smooth sand it smooth!!!
AL

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back