MST3K - Tom Servo engine, printable 3D model

deadbolt

Sr Member
I had recently got a hold of one of the castings that have been floating around for years now of the elusive and mysterious toy car motor that was used on Tom Servo. And since it was molded from the only real, fan-found engine I figured I should dimension and model it due to it's lineage.
It is modeled from a casting and the few photos of the real found engine after all, so it's not perfect, but it's about as accurate as it gets without having a real one to measure from. So this would be sort of a v1.0 model until I can get my hands on a real engine to model it to a final version, if it's ever found.

I figured some of you guys might be able to make use of the model for your home 3d printers, so I uploaded it to Shapeways with Downloading enabled. I modeled them in two different wall thicknesses to suit different printing needs.

You can find the models here: http://www.shapeways.com/designer/deadbolt

tsenginev1_zpsob3ugfys.png~original

-Carson

Last edited:
That looks great. I've downloaded it. If I ever get the chance to print it I can hold it up to the Servo I built my sister a year ago.

I swear, I remember having a very large yellow Penzoil f1 car when I was young that had this engine or one very similar to it. That car is somewhere in my parent's storage but I have yet to find it to see if my memory is just playing tricks on me.

Wow, that turned out great! Thanks for posting your results! :thumbsup

If you ever find that old formula 1 car that you used to have, I and I'm sure others here would love to see it. Supposedly it was an F1 style car that the real toy engine came from, and the car itself has never been seen or identified amongst the MST3K fan base.

-Carson

That print does look pretty sweet! Is the model still downloadable, or only available as prints from Shapeways? I'm not seeing a download option.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back