Military Graflite "Stealth" Saber build UPDATE!

Re: Military Graflite "Stealth" Saber build

Yep! That's the little bugger!

So certain are you? Did you do some proper measurements? Well okay I did them for you :) ... the inner space in your MPP 2 step shroud (yes I have the part too) is about 9.5 mm wide whereas, if you want to use the screw in the the rounded fin part and swap it for the black painted screw in your graflite, that's already 11.5 mm before that screw so it won't fit properly, however the first part veektohr offered will fit perfectly screw and all in the screw hole near the shroud, which may need to move up a bit, being only 8.5 mm at the widest and would resemble the part on the real MPP a lot closer eventhough it's way shorter :)

So please, Panaflex, do some measurements on your shroud before commiting to fine looking greeblie parts just based on pictures alone ... that said I think it's mighty gracious of veektohr to offer both parts so generously :)

Chaim

So certain are you? Did you do some proper measurements? Well okay I did them for you :) ... the inner space in your MPP 2 step shroud (yes I have the part too) is about 9.5 mm wide whereas, if you want to use the screw in the the rounded fin part and swap it for the black painted screw in your graflite, that's already 11.5 mm before that screw so it won't fit properly, however the first part veektohr offered will fit perfectly screw and all in the screw hole near the shroud, which may need to move up a bit, being only 8.5 mm at the widest and would resemble the part on the real MPP a lot closer eventhough it's way shorter :)

So please, Panaflex, do some measurements on your shroud before commiting to fine looking greeblie parts just based on pictures alone ... that said I think it's mighty gracious of veektohr to offer both parts so generously :)

Chaim

Hey Chaim, You are correct as usual!
The screw will not work but my plan is to dremel away the screw leaving just the screw head which will sit on top.
Then I'll glue the fin to the flash.

As is usual for me, it's form over function. My intention is that since the opposite side of the flash has that curved assembly similar to the fin, they'll mirror each other and bring balance to the design.

Well, that's the plan anyway.

Last edited:

So, I've finally made a little progress on this. Most of the additions are just taped on for now as I finalize it.

Full shot.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Close up on the emitter details. I really like how the Heiland greebie on top came out. Thanks to Veektohr for the hookup! He sent it free... Stand up guy.

IMG_7579.JPG

Reverse angle. I think the wires came out pretty good.
IMG_7585.JPG

Belly Up.
IMG_7586.JPG

I painted the TCSS chrome MPP lever black to fit the theme.
IMG_7580.JPG

Installed a set of Roy's grips and painted an ESB Dring set up black- 4 coats plus clear coat. Needs rivets.
I still need to get more O-rings for the pommel but you get the idea. I had other plans for it but this was an aha moment.

IMG_7583.JPG

Parting shot. The sleeve for the clamp didn't fit the body so I went with O-rings to keep it in place.
IMG_7584.JPG

Anyway, it's mostly done and pretty much looks the way I imagined it. Hope you guys like it.

Mate this is absolutely stunning!
Now I really want to do a take on one since I've got a bunch of spare parts from doing a Parks Vader MPP Flash Conversion!

So I know that you said you got it from an auction but I was wondering if you (or anybody else had some recommendations) on the best place to search for one would be, I tried eBay but only turned up the silver Graflites. Any recommendations? Also just kind of curious on etc price range?

Any the saber looks amazing! Are you considering Electronics?

I've always appreciated the black Graflite flashes the military used so I decided to make a saber based on one.

The donor flash purchased at auction.

View attachment 575329

View attachment 575330

Mate this is absolutely stunning!
Now I really want to do a take on one since I've got a bunch of spare parts from doing a Parks Vader MPP Flash Conversion!

So I know that you said you got it from an auction but I was wondering if you (or anybody else had some recommendations) on the best place to search for one would be, I tried eBay but only turned up the silver Graflites. Any recommendations? Also just kind of curious on etc price range?

Any the saber looks amazing! Are you considering Electronics?

Thanks to to all for the kind words, I appreciate it.

I paid $90 bucks for this and at the time felt a little silly for doing so but am glad I did now.
I looked around for a few weeks after and only saw the shorty version of it but I have seen them pop up on the bay pretty often.

It would be cool to see what you'd come up with on yours.

I'd really like to do some electronics but I've never attempted it before.

Last edited:
I'll probably drive the Graflite prices up 12% when I say this.

1 silver Graflite flash plus one bottle of Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black equals 1 Black Graflite.

:)

Aaaaaaaand I'm off to ebay. Now I just need to find one that's actually buyable for what they are worth and not what people think they are. These things CANT be selling for hundreds right? I'll just let one fail at auction and offer $20.

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaand I'm off to ebay. Now I just to to find one that's actually buyable for what they are worth and not what people think they are. These things CANT be selling for hundreds right? I'll just let one fail at auction and offer $20.

They go for cheap often. They were used for the holiday special, so sometimes people list them high. Usually you can get one for like $30 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! Did you get them all? Buahaha!

I wouldn't do that to my fellow RPF'ers. :) There was only one left by the time I found the seller.

There has been an idea for a custom in the back of my mind for about half a year.

My original plan was to use a King Sol, but this Graflite will actually work better. :thumbsup

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back