Jayne Cobb Boo - rough n' ready - Pics Fixed!

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

So after finishing my Tomeno Ghost
(build thread - http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251983)
I decided to tackle Jayne's Boo pistol next...

sldSYXy.jpg

7NwFy7x.jpg

I'll be working with a Denix Le Mat revolver and a Racprops kit...

CfrTfFC.jpg

My goal is not total screen accuracy, nor is it a refined finish. In fact, I'm planning to keep this looking pretty rough n' ready. I like the look and besides I'm not prepared to throw days of sanding at this. Lol.

The Denix will need some pretty heavy mods. I'll have to loose the entire lower barrel...

PU2PTSR.jpg

Not to mention the trigger guard which is a solid, molded piece of metal, not a screwed on separate piece (blimmin fake screws)...

AQ9VV4C.jpg

Time to get out the grinder! First off is the trigger guard...

pFn65vG.jpg

GE7Ws1q.jpg

SDPkNAe.jpg

Then took to the lower barrel with the hack-saw...

47V9oKw.jpg

e7YmetX.jpg

sMuVpxH.jpg

8exWF74.jpg

So a quick test-fit to make sure we're on track...

OKqN7C5.jpg

That's a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jayne Cobb Boo - rough n' ready! (Pic heavy)

So my initial plan was to keep the Le Mat in its original finish as I liked the finish it had. It's silver but has a black kind of coating on it. I liked this because the original prop (seen above) had a darker tint (or bluing) to it which makes the additional parts stand out as they appear shinier. However after sawing, grinding and sanding the Le Mat...

xBuAQrU.jpg

...I thought I'd take to it with the dremel and polish a bit of it. It came out shiny of course and I liked it even more! Probably because I just finished my polished Tomeno Ghost. Maybe this should be the Jayne Cobb Boo Ghost??! Lol.

Here's the body polished but the cylinder still original...

Cf0HSbq.jpg

All polished...

8uZLtYt.jpg

What's kinda cool about this is that it left the darker tint in the hard-to-reach places. Which makes it look more weathered and gives it a great look.

Next - the Coyle parts...

Last edited:
Re: Jayne Cobb Boo - rough n' ready! (Pic heavy)

That's going to make a fantastic addition to your collection. looking awesome! :thumbsup

So the Racprop parts come pretty raw and require filing and sanding before polishing. Here they are filed and sanded...

P4xKmdU.jpg

Before and after...

0Ili8Cx.jpg

ZC42wFX.jpg

jj0T1A5.jpg

Next, fitting trigger guard...

1B8lQaS.jpg

Tigv1z7.jpg

The piston bit fitted...

I3Jw9bn.jpg

This last bit didn't have any way of connecting so I drilled a couple holes and used a piece of dowel to connect them...

piJY7Is.jpg

Almost there...

cKmiJr1.jpg

Just missing the dome piece that goes on the end of the piston. The kit didn't come with it and as it was a gift from Rich I wasn't going to ask for it.

So I went on a dome hunt. Stole the lid off my wife's perfume bottle, would have done the job but would have been painted plastic. As the rest of the gun is metal I wanted to try find something metal. Plus I thought my wife wouldn't notice the cap missing... she did. Blimmin female intuition!

Spotted this little dome beauty on the back of my office door, but it wasn't going to come off easy! Lol.

uTee50b.jpg

So I swung by the hardware store and grabbed a drawer handle...

Hee2tms.jpg

OhUpkQW.jpg

UjaJ8RR.jpg

fwtVqng.jpg

xwjwbYG.jpg

01rCVNX.jpg

awNgkPC.jpg

glVGqZU.jpg

19dHsv0.jpg

6HBba1M.jpg

Finished pics to follow...

Last edited:

Great build man :thumbsup. Also, that's cool Rich gifted you the kit

Great build man :thumbsup. Also, that's cool Rich gifted you the kit

Thanks mate. Yeah, Rich is a lovely guy. I only have good things to say about him. This kit was the last of the last. In fact going on how rough the parts were (and the fact that a piece was missing) I'd say they were actually reject parts left over from his previous runs. I'm not complaining one bit of course. Just super stoked to get my hands on one. Not to mention it being gifted. Very blessed! [emoji4][emoji106][emoji120]

Ok, here we go, rough 'n ready as she is...

yviPxNr.jpg

LDF3n91.jpg

udPY2wv.jpg

UsChQta.jpg

gGTPMEu.jpg

wkJbQOw.jpg

W0hDCXm.jpg

RktTNIe.jpg

lXXOdHy.jpg

And here she is on the wall...

RmD0eCK.jpg

I've left the grips black as I think the original prop had wood grips and I doubt I could replicate that. So I'd rather keep them black I think than try paint them brown. Open to thoughts or comments here though.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Looks siiiick! The color pop of the screws is awesome. Congrats on another addition to the family haha:thumbsup

Looks siiiick! The color pop of the screws is awesome. Congrats on another addition to the family haha:thumbsup

Thanks. Yeah I forgot to mention I "painted" the screws with a gold/bronze permanent marker. Super quick n' easy way to get brass looking screws. [emoji6]

looks fantastic! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Thanks mate. Such a neat prop to handle too being all metal. Awesome weight and feel to it. And of course it cocks and dry-fires like a real revolver!!! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back