Rocketeer

Lotsa stuff going on, but Mountain Dew let me say, "Mountain Dew *can* be good for your eyes. MOuntainDew.jpgMountaindew lenses.jpgMountainDewLens.jpg

Then I dremelled (is that a word) down the body to receive the round glass thingy. Not yet installed, but I may sell it off as the worlds first SQUIRREL SUB!Squirelsub2.jpgSquirrelsub.jpg

There is a brass/metal thingy that goes around the round glass thingy.brassring.jpgBrasscutting.jpgbrassfilespurdy.jpg

So, got into a crunch time for a con, so, shortcuts..Ugh! Not perfect, but pretty good. WP_20160525_22_38_16_Pro.jpgFilled the mounting hole with epoxy and red, glow in the dark powder dye.
WP_20160524_17_26_32_Pro.jpgThen I cut a piece for wood to fill in the part of the rocket that attaches to the yellow foam pad that is the mounting thingy. (Couldn't resist *not* using the word "thingy").WP_20160524_17_41_27_Pro.jpgCut an aluminum sheet to mount the foam. It adds some str to the mounting thingy.
WP_20160520_21_31_19_Pro.jpgA ring of glu around the dome and cylinder, I will later find a way to make this a more gooder-er fit. The cylinder does not perfectly match u with the dome.
Next I made holes that would go through the wood in the rockets, through the mount. Unfortunately, no pics, I was in a hurry. Then covered the mount with brown pleather and placed 1/4 inch bolts with acorn nuts to hold. I used old straps to make the mount fit like a back pack.

Attachments

• 3inch.jpg
    3inch.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 61
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back