Frozens Kylo Ren WIP of a cosplay newbie

Yes, it's quite expensive, but that's because the new lightning dock Apple uses doesn't have an analog audio input anymore.
The Sennheiser does convert the digital input to analog.
All iPhones that use the old connector (iphone 4 and older) do have this converter, so every mic works. But they need a connector from 3,5mm audio to Apple dock.
It's actually cheaper to buy an extra iPhone 4 with mic, connector, and all you need, than to go with the sennheiser.

Luke Daley did a fantastic tutorial on voice changing with the iPhone on the "knights of Ren" Facebook group. Check it out!

Thank you very much for telling me about that group, it's awesome! I've got some stuff on my wish list now - and will probably just pick up an iPhone 4. I could use the voice changer for Iron Man and Batman too, most likely.

Also ordered a lightsaber (the $30 version) from the Disney Store to do it up like yours - and they have a code right now for 25% off! Code is DISNEYPAL.

Thanks again!

The pants is the thing I'm struggling with at this point. It seems like you can use waxed black jeans, regular black denim jeans, and black denim jeggings as well. I'm just not sure which is gonna be best. In the pictures it seems his pants are pretty form fitting which is why black denim jeggings seem to fit the bill.

The pants are definitely loose fit. Some poses make them look tighter, but when he stands upright, they aren't skinny cut.
So I would recommend waxed jeans.
Jeggings only, if you are on a budget.

Now that I look at more pictures you're right, they do fit a little more loosely in upright poses. 501st certification says plain black denim of a regular fit with a "coating" resulting in a uniform sheen. So yes, I'd probably say getting a pair of waxed jeans in your normal fit is probably right.

They Look perfect!

That's kind of what I thought. They have that uniform "sheen" plus they bunch up around the knee like the visual dictionary shows. To me they don't look like jeggings as jeggings are generally tight and don't bunch like the picture in the visual dictionary.

Update time!

Nice real leather gloves by John Fuqua
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Upgraded my lightsaber with clear red paint. It was a risk, but it was worth it.
Now it's always red, but still lights up nicely.

Lightsaber off
image.jpeg

Lightsaber on
image.jpeg

Lightsaber on, lights out
image.jpeg

And finally I also reworked the painting of the helmet, and added a lot more weathering. I like it much better now.
image.jpeg

Those gloves are beautiful! Can't wait to get mine! I do like that silicone fire effect on the saber. Makes it look MUCH better. Are you gonna do removable blades on yours or not? I've gotta start on my helmet as well soon too!

No, I won't make the blades removable, because I have another hilt, that I can hang on my belt.

It looks great, but sadly after one day of drying, I found out, that the color does chip when I touch the blades.
Does anyone have a solution for this?

Awesome build, the saber is especially cool! How about redoing (argh, I know) the silicon with tint added to the rubber in the first place? Acrylic paints should mix in no problem, and might even speed the cure a bit.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back