kylo Ren voice changer mask strip down and rebuild

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey guys,

So I ordered a Kylo voice changer mask from Disney UK for £25 shipped as I wanted to do this on a budget. I know its not a full helmet but ill be using a black mannequin head which will be hooded, so its not imperative. It will be a static prop display too which is another reason I wasn't concerned about the full helmet.

Anyways, today I started to take it apart. The 2 front sections of the mask were removed. I took out some screws from the interior and then prised off the pieces from the helmet spigots. As you can see this led to me breaking the spigots/connecting poles on the front section of the mask, which isn't a worry as I have some sheet metal that ill be using instead. Obviously with it being a relatively cheap helmet, it is moulded with some seam lines so they will be dealt with accordingly. This isn't going to be 100% accurate but im going to do the best I can. I intend on using some spare TK mesh to lay over the front of the lens to give it that little bit more accuracy.

20160102_175338 (384x640).jpg20160102_175323 (384x640).jpg

So ill update as I go along :)

Lee

Just to update and say that i forgot to remove the screws from the nose on the interior, thus why poles broke ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back