Black series Mod.

Pendragon83

So the wife bought me the black series and of course i had to mod it out ;). So while I wait for the first coat of resin to dry on the inside I thought I would post. I bought fiberglass resin, and fiberglass cloth which I will use to strengthen the inside. Once that's complete and sanded I will bondo the outside lines and use epoxy to get some sharper edges. I will post updates as I go, but I thought this would be a great first thread for me on this forum.

image.jpgimage.jpgOnce this completely drys I will trim the fiberglass and put down one more coat of resin for th night.

Last edited:
Sabs it's workable honestly, but I like to have it be a little more stiff and rigid. It's just a personal thing is all.

So I finished the resin and gap filling. I used my dremel to recut lines in the helm so it looks more segmented. I've now primed it all in black and will eventually hit it will a satin finish and then weather it.image.jpgimage.jpg
this is the pre primer pictures. I will post once it's painted later this week as its back to the government job for me tomorrow. C&C is welcome btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my black series helmet today (from GameStop of all places) and I have to say that it really does need modding. The seam alone between the two halves is pretty bad.

For those of you that took out the head strap and replaced it with foam - what kind of foam did you use? Where can you get it? Strongly considering also taking out the voice modifier to give some more room at the top. Thanks.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back