Xcoser Kylo Ren Costume New Version

fenixashes

Has anyone seen the Xcoser Kylo Ren costume? There are 2 versions, one with top and midcoat combined and one with top and mid as separate parts. I am looking for feedback on accuracy and quality. Not much out there regarding this stuff.

I actually ordered the updated version right before Christmas. I also provided them several reference images to try and make it a bit more accurate, including a longer scarf and fuller outer tunic.

Nope, and nope! I think their featured product looks pretty good for the price, so I'm hopeful that the recieved costume will look just fine. Fingers crossed...

I think overall the material looked a bit better than the CostumeBase one...However I'll reserve my final judgement until when it comes in. So far they've been really helpful in their emails though.

Has anyone seen the Xcoser Kylo Ren costume? There are 2 versions, one with top and midcoat combined and one with top and mid as separate parts. I am looking for feedback on accuracy and quality. Not much out there regarding this stuff.

Are you referring to the old version with the pleated inner tunic and the longer outer tunic combined into one piece? The never version has the pleated knee-length tunic separate, and the longer outer tunic/hoodscarf over it correct? I've really only seen the new version on eBay. Because from what I've seen the XCoser only has 2 layers, where as the movie one appears to have 3 (check this thread for the layer references) http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=248976
So while the newer XCoser version is more accurate layer wise than the first version, its still not quite screen accurate layer wise.

I actually ordered the updated version right before Christmas. I also provided them several reference images to try and make it a bit more accurate, including a longer scarf and fuller outer tunic.

I'm guessing you contacted them with what I was thinking.....because the movie costume has 2 tunic layers that fall down to the wearers feet, it looks fuller than the current versions out there with only one layer of fabric down to the feet (because there is no real mid layer in these versions, just the pleated knee-length under tunic, and the outer tunic. No sleeveless non-hooded mid-tunic). Let me know how yours comes out....if they can add that extra mid-layer (or at least attach another long tunic bottom to fill it out, I will definitely wait and order than version.

Are you referring to the old version with the pleated inner tunic and the longer outer tunic combined into one piece? The never version has the pleated knee-length tunic separate, and the longer outer tunic/hoodscarf over it correct? I've really only seen the new version on eBay. Because from what I've seen the XCoser only has 2 layers, where as the movie one appears to have 3 (check this thread for the layer references) http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=248976
So while the newer XCoser version is more accurate layer wise than the first version, its still not quite screen accurate layer wise.

I'm guessing you contacted them with what I was thinking.....because the movie costume has 2 tunic layers that fall down to the wearers feet, it looks fuller than the current versions out there with only one layer of fabric down to the feet (because there is no real mid layer in these versions, just the pleated knee-length under tunic, and the outer tunic. No sleeveless non-hooded mid-tunic). Let me know how yours comes out....if they can add that extra mid-layer (or at least attach another long tunic bottom to fill it out, I will definitely wait and order than version.

I contacted and sent them a bunch of detailed images and outlines of the mid coat and they're willing to include it in the next update. I think that version will be 501st approvable with just a couple of tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I contacted and sent them a bunch of detailed images and outlines of the mid coat and they're willing to include it in the next update. I think that version will be 501st approvable with just a couple of tweaks.

That would be amazing. I have a Con I'm attending in March....hopefully its released in time for me to order before then. In the meantime I guess I can collect a few other pieces I need.

I ordered it a few weeks ago and have it now. I am actually impressed with the pleated tunic (well worth the money!), You may have to cut the collar off to make it approvable with the CRL, but that is all. While the outer cloak could also pass, the hood is STILL too small and has to be replaced. Unfortunately, the hood, cowl, and outer cloak all HAVE to be of the same material so unless I get them to send me the same material or make a bigger hood, it won't pass the CRL or look right. The belt is cheap and neither has an accurate buckle or closes in the front as required per CRL so that needs to be replaced also.

Bottom line: It's a great costume for the money ($179) and it really looks fantastic as long as you keep the hood down. If you are only going for 501st approval- just buy the inner pleated tunic (yes, they sell just that) until they bring up the accuracy of the other items.

Xcoser has great service and shipped fast!

Check out their website for good pics. I'll probably go with this option. Nice that they let you pick and choose the items you want.

The inner tunic looks really good, but may need tapering at the end of the sleeves.

The outer tunic looks like it needs a larger hood - which should be possible since this is detachable.

Last edited:
I just got an email about my costume, and was told that I would receive a larger hood, and that my order would ship on Monday. Super stoked to receive this!

So did you need to identity which version of the costume you wanted or are they updating all of them such that if I order one, I'll get the newest version?

Keen to know if xcoser is a legitimate source for "decent" costumes.

Would love nothing more than to splash out on a commissioned costume, but the now fiancee has pretty much shot that down for the time being. I'm not super set on 100% accuracy, but have had bad luck buying costumes online (I think it was costumebox.com, bought an Anakin costume. It was rubbish) I dont want to waste MORE money if this isnt a somewhat decent costume that I can slowly upgrade over time when money frees up a bit.

Any advice/photos etc on this would be great, so im subscribing.

Got my pleated tunic yesterday (custom measurements), and they made it 6" too short. Now I'm waiting for an answer from the customer service.
If you order from them, add 2 inch to the sleeves, and 4 to 6 to your height.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back