Studio Scale Snowspeeder

natty15d

Well its only taken me 3 years or so to actually start it :lol
Mind you there has been a LOT of tinkering with the plans i started out with 3 years ago and im now finally happy to start.
Ive cut most of the pieces i need now and have started scribbing the panel lines.
so far both upper wings have been scribbed along with the cockpit canopy.

Hey Have fun with this geometric nightmare I just finished mine! I won't post pics in your thread without permission. Nice to see another 47 on the block, lee is right not many of these around for sure. A lot of people think it's a graet subject to start out with.....easy nice straight build NOT!:lol it turns out to be a pain like most SW subject matter!:cry I waited on scribing my panel lines because I wasn't sure exactly where the laser cannon boxes and laser turbines boxes would end up on the hull. At the same time I am not much of a blueprinter.... so you probably have it dialed in!! I spent about 2 hrs formulating a plan.Thats probably why 2 went in the garbage...oh well it turned out great in the end. If you need any help give a holler, I will be watching your progression and learning for my next T-47......:love Man I must love pain!

Regards,
Michael

That's sweet. I've been itching to make one lately but I don't have the skills to make the patters for one. I have the amt kit in storage so I don't really want to buy another one just for a reference.

Hey is that the replacement sideshow boba helmet you're working on?

ralphee
ill try and keep adding regular weekly updates

3D-builder
Hi Michael, youll know what im going through then :lol
She isnt the easiest to build thats for sure, but i have already built it in 3d using autocad just to make sure it all goes together, taking out alot of abortive work. I scaled my speeder from lots of pics of the actual studio scale model, using the known kit bashed parts to help scale the model.

ZOMBIEREPELLENT
Yes thats a little side project im doing.

Hey thats not fair I used a pencil and paper!:lol Looking forward to watching you build this model!!

Regards,
Michael

there are times when being an Architectural Technician comes in handy.
Lots of access to 2d/3d software and large format printers ;)

Nathan

there are times when being an Architectural Technician comes in handy.
Lots of access to 2d/3d software and large format printers ;)

Nathan

Is that newspeak for "draftsman"? Like "secretary" is now "administrative assistant". ;)

Having access to company tools is saWEEEET!

Is that newspeak for "draftsman"? Like "secretary" is now "administrative assistant". ;)

Having access to company tools is saWEEEET!

thats you off my Christmas card list :lol

No that means i do all of the construction drawings so they can actually build the concepts the hair brained Architects come up with ;)

ralphee
Yeah ive identified a few parts from the known kits that ILM used, but i could really do with identifying more of them

I know that the 1/35 sheridan has some parts for it. At least they looked the same as the parts from a deconstructed mr snowspeeder which will definitely not be the same ever again.

Grilles from the Tamiya Leopard seem to be used inside the "fins" on the rear of the model, id check out that kit as im sure it holds a few more parts!
Im not sure if the Entex wheels were discounted as the thruster bodies!

lee

thats you off my Christmas card list :lol

ralphee
Yeah ive identified a few parts from the known kits that ILM used, but i could really do with identifying more of them

Hi.

I haven't had much chance to look around here for a while, but I saw the word 'Snowspeeder' and had to have a look. Good luck with it. The underside is not as scary as you first think once you get some decent reference. I see you are a Scotsman? - fine country, grew up there!

My Studioscale ( and silicone friendly :love) T47 is all aready to be started but keeps getting knocked back due to work pressures. I've got quite a few parts ID'd so maybe we could PM and swap notes?. I'm after a couple of parts for the gun bulkheads.

Good luck with it

Cheers
Nick

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back