Master Replicas Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Master Replicas is back?

Might be happening soon i tried to get on their web page to see if anything has been updated and looks like someone is working on something :D

* looks at calendar *

hmm July 2016 already

* goes to website *

......and nothing

When you subscribe to their email list, it takes you to a page that lists the company's address. Its in Schwenksville, PA. That's where Steve Dymszo lives.

Re: Master Replica is back?

So long as Steve Dymzo isn't attatched to this new company, I'd be interested to see what they offer.

They need to prove they are able to make nice props in a timely manner, with a decent customer service and communication, respect for all collectors, including international ones, before our trust should go to any of these companies anymore. We trusted others and look where we are now. I really hope this will be good news and not just some bait.

Yea, I take this will calm hesitation. :)
eFX was/is a mess. Year-long waiting times and various issues. Bad communication being one of the main issues.

MR 2.0 has to prove themselves. Plan ahead, stick to the deadlines and good communication. Then I might become a fan of a prop replica company again.

Since Darren Epstein owns the Master Replicas brand, I wonder if MRG has acquired that brand name or they didn't have to since they have the additional word Group in their company title.

The 2001 HAL electronic replica shipping just before Christmas 2017 seems very optimistic. So within the next four months we can actually see if they will be able to deliver on their shipping estimate. And since it's not going to be priced at $1000, perhaps it will be around the $500 price range. ThinkGeek sold their HAL replica for $500 back in 2013.

"pending joint-venture with a very large company to develop brand new collectibles for Star Wars and Star Trek that have never been done before!"

So for the Star Wars and Star Trek products it will be a collaboration with an existing large company. Any guesses?

benhs1898 is correct. The opening statement mentions Aerospace and Archaeology, so that pretty much confirms it's Steve Dymszo's company. Now that's a huge bummer.

Cool! can't be worse than EFX...
Except, if Steve D is one of the owners.... he still owes thousands of dollars here at the RPF to members from taking their money in the Junk Yard and never finishing the items. So I would consider that a big red flag.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=215566&highlight=Steve+SD+Studios

Heck... if this is his company resurrected, it is borderline against RPF rules to discuss it and promote it, :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back