Graflex ANH Luke lightsaber

obizues

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to make a Graphlex screen correct ANH Luke lightsaber.

So far I've found two choices, buy a highly price Graflex flash handle, or buy a pre-made hilt with replica parts.

Are these my two only options?

Chris

You could also check out the current Parks/Korbanth "Graflex 2.0" kits of the lightsaber, or you can wait for Roman's Empire to do his run of replica Graflex flashes. The Parks versions aren't 100% screen accurate though because they're more optimized for electronics and customization.

What is the roman's empire flashes?

I am planning on adding electronics to the hilt- is that something that would have issues for the roman's one?

It's pretty easy to add electronics to any GRAFLEX, replica or not. They're just hollow tubes more or less. Roman of Roman's Empire is the head cheese of romanprops.com. He makes some of the the banginest Obi-Wan replica parts around, and has a run in the works for the GRAFLEX. I'm sure they will be incredilbe and I believe he's aiming for a sub-$200 price tag... which a real flash will probably never drop back down to.

I did look at his Obi-wan saber but it was over $500.

- - - Updated - - -

If I did the Graflex 2.0- is there a tutorial or set of instructions for adding electronics/blade/sound to it?

It's pricey, but consider that if you try to go the original parts route $500 will barely even get you the grenade... and then you have the booster and balance pipe... it's enough to drive a person mad.

You can look around here for other threads where people have installed sound / fx. There is also Imperial Royal Arms, which is another forum more focused on saber-building.

Vader's lightsaber was built off an MPP 3-cell flash. They are tricky to track down, but they turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back