Kylo Ren: Best Voice Changer?

Pants

Hey Guys,

I thought I read some comparisons in a thread about the different voice changers available, but can't seem to find where I read it originally. If anyone has bought both the half and full mask versions and done this, or know of someone that has, which is the better option?

Looking at getting a helmet from here and using the voice changer from the masks.

Thanks!

I downloaded a free app on the iPhone called Voicemod. Selecting the "Cosmos" setting and tapping the screen slightly to left from center, you'll get an effect that is pretty close. The screen can't be locked with the app open so it will eat up battery. You could get a battery pack though.
Amplifying and mic-ing, follow this tut:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=254232

Velleman board, aker mic, and mini speakers mounted in my helmet. All runs off a 9v battery and is self contained. No hanging speaker or wires to deal with

Velleman board, aker mic, and mini speakers mounted in my helmet. All runs off a 9v battery and is self contained. No hanging speaker or wires to deal with

Can you go into more detail about how you're programming the Velleman board as a voice changer? And is it serving as your sound amp or do you have one of those in the build as well?

Mark

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm assuming you used this. https://www.amazon.com/Velleman-MK171-Voice-Changer/dp/B004XZQ6RE

Last edited:
Hey man sorry for the delay. Life and stuff! Yeah that's the one. I bought it already wired and ready to go with rca jacks soldered on to it. I'll take some pics tonight and post in here for you to see my setup!

45a2ab9341ceba3581bba6bb10bf55d4.jpg

49259fa806bbec7a1642df7665009265.jpg

c2d0639e21c4aac21203a82dc1184bab.jpg

https://vimeo.com/174767078

Got the voice changer yesterday. Sounds like Kylo and works great. But the speaker box is kind or big. How or where on your costume do you wear the speaker box?

I added a short strap on mine (closes at the back with velcro) and it sits over top of the outer robe, but underneath the scarf in the front.

Hey Guys, my stepson recently soldered the Velleman voice changer board together for me but we have a question about attaching the 3.5mm female audio jack for adding an external mic. Is a mono jack used for this? If so which wires should be soldered to which points on the jack and corresponding points on the board? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't seem to find it in my research. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hey man sorry for the delay. Life and stuff! Yeah that's the one. I bought it already wired and ready to go with rca jacks soldered on to it. I'll take some pics tonight and post in here for you to see my setup!

Can I ask you where you purchased it pre-wired and soldered? I can't seem to find a place that has it with the RCA jacks already soldered it. Thanks for any help!

Where did you buy it pre-wired etc?

I'd love to give this setup a try but I don't want to solder if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back