Knights of Ren

Perfect Tommy

So after first watching episode VII I asked myself why in Snoke's name is Kylo wearing this mask...ok sure, Ben's real face isn't really intimidating and all. It was only after watching it a second time that I actually caught the short glimpses and references to the Knichts of Ren, but now I want to see more…and maybe work on one of these.
Unfortunately the Internets don’t have too much on them. Does anyone have better pictures of the Knights? Anyone attempting one of their outfits?
KnightsOfRen_TFA.png

KnightsOfRen_TFA.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some concept art pictures in the Art Books, and a few edited versions of the rain scene. Other than that not much.... I'd love to see what the designs actually are! Curse you JJ!

I believe this is the only shot we see them so far... Which is too bad, I'd really like to see more of Kylo's posse.

I was hoping we would get some more screen time for these guys but I guess we will have to wait for the next movie. The concept art looks amazing if you haven't had a chance to check it out. I believe one of the members here posted a couple of scans

Is it just me or do I see a plasma energized baseball bat weapons handled by the Knigh to Kylo's left and a Kingdom of Hearts style sword in the hands of the Knight in back? Oh and the Knight in the back right looks like he/she is carrying Ronan's weapon from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Is it just me or do I see a plasma energized baseball bat weapons handled by the Knigh to Kylo's left and a Kingdom of Hearts style sword in the hands of the Knight in back? Oh and the Knight in the back right looks like he/she is carrying Ronan's weapon from Guardians of the Galaxy.

jap...was quite confused by the bat also=)

tumblr_nzsdslYmvK1qemra7o8_1280.jpgtumblr_nzsdslYmvK1qemra7o7_1280.jpgtumblr_nzsdslYmvK1qemra7o6_1280.jpgtumblr_nzsdslYmvK1qemra7o5_1280.jpgtumblr_nzsdslYmvK1qemra7o4_1280.jpgtumblr_nzsdslYmvK1qemra7o2_1280.jpg

i am really psyched about the knights. as always it looks good to be evil. the concept designs for the knights already look great. there is a beautiful apocalyptic ninja vibe to them.

View attachment 569042View attachment 569041View attachment 569040View attachment 569039View attachment 569038View attachment 569037

i am really psyched about the knights. as always it looks good to be evil. the concept designs for the knights already look great. there is a beautiful apocalyptic ninja vibe to them.

Oh man 'Apocalyptic ninja vibe" that cracked me up and got me psyched at the same time! I love the look on these guys, I cant believe we have to wait for ep 8 to MAYBE see these guys. I'm really exited for the coming showdown between the 'jedis' and the knights of ren.

A lot of people are confused thinking that the Knights of Ren are all force users/sith/former jedi. But the only one actually wielding a lightsaber is kylo. I hope this thread gets seen by more people.

A lot of people are confused thinking that the Knights of Ren are all force users/sith/former jedi. But the only one actually wielding a lightsaber is kylo. I hope this thread gets seen by more people.
I don't know about that. We don't have enough information to know who or what they are yet.

The lack of lightsabers doesn't necessarily mean they aren't former Jedi or force sensitive. We see a Jedi who isn't wielding a lightsaber in this scene.
The only new lightsaber we see looks like it's pretty poorly made. This could mean the knowledge how to build one has been lost. This is unlikely since, traditionally, young padawans were taught how to build lightsabers and Kylo was probably 20 when he turned, and there were adults and possible full fledged Jedi when certain tragic things happened. Not to mention Snoke, who is supposedly very old and very experienced, really should have some knowledge how to build a lightsaber whether he's a Sith or not.
Also Kylo's saber is modeled after a style that was popular in the KOTOR / Revan era, so some knowledge of lightsabers exists. So information how to build one is probably around, though the type of training and guidance needed to perfect one is probably pretty rare.

According to the Visual Dictionary, one of the reasons for the unstable blade was Kylo's cracked Kyber crystal. I imagine if he had access to a better one he'd probably get one. That makes me think the specific type of force-tuned Kyber crystals are probably rare now.

All of this is supposition and we don't have any real information to go by here at all. Though there is a lot of concept art of the Knights with lightsabers and swords and blasters too.
knihtsabers_zpswtnlm95q.png

Last edited:
Why we haven´t seen this guys in the movie?Are they dead and Kylo Ren is the only one that has survived?Has he killed his partners to be the only student of Snoke?

Very intersting things for Episode 8.

Well I remembered the KOR being referenced but it didn't sound like they were dead. But I agree, I wish these guys had a bit more screen time. I guess this gives us one more thing to look forward to!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back