Knights of Ren

Only problem with that is I believe his lightsaber was on the second death star when it blew....Not sure if vader had his saber on his belt when luke dragged him to the shuttle.

I mean it would be crazy to use a cracked crystal for a lightsaber, especially since red sith crystals are artificial and they can just get or make new ones. Even though I know the KoR aren't siths, I'm sure they have access to red kyber crystals. Plus wouldn't it be just awesome if it was Vaders crystal in there?? Someone should go ask JJ this.

There was a Dark Side cult that bought Vader's saber after the battle of Endor. I think they were called the Acolytes of the Beyond. It's possible they have ties to Snoke, the First Order or the Knights of Ren and could have gotten that saber to Kylo.

EDIT: Also I don't know if artificial red crystals are part of the new canon yet.

EDIT AGAIN: Pablo has settled the synthetic crystal thing for us.
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/678275796058771456
Question: TFA Visual Guide says Kylo Ren had a kyber crystal in his lightsaber. I thought all the red ones had synthetic Sith crystals.
Pablo: No, the synthetic crystal thing is Legends. Maul. Sidious. Vader. All those were kyber crystals.

Last edited:
I've been digging everywhere I can to find information on the Knights and I'm coming up empty. I do think in a few cases the concept art from TFA art book is very close to the final design.
I'm limited to some free online tools and MS paint but I took a snapshot from that glorious gif Sundowner posted and I've compared it to some concept art for "X Face." I'm confident if you take into consideration the size and build of the actor, the concept art is very close. The staff is different.
X%20Face%2001_zpscyt9e55d.png

thanks for gwtting these in order. so it seems they have kept quite close to the original designs...on first glance.

Did you just cal me ....................WHAT? I was born in Tokyo, Japan!!

I kid!!

I can't wait until Ep. VIII and hopefully we will see more of the Knights!

WHAT? NO!!;) sorry, English is only my second language. I used a colloquial German affirmitive word;))

I picked up the art book today and there's some interesting info about the timeframe in which the Knights artwork was produced.

The book is separated into the different stages of production, then further broken down into months within those stages. And there are descriptions of what was being produced and filmed within that timeframe.

The artwork of the individual Knights are spread across July and August 2014 sections.

A narritave in the book states final design work for costumes and (non digital) characters was completed by August 2014.

It also states the scenes of the "force-back" scenes (with the Knights) were filmed in September 2014.

So this art appears to have been produced late in the process and very close to filming.

Game of Thrones actor Mark Stanley is reported to have played one of the Knights. I've been looking over his social media to see if there are any hints and there's barely a mention of the film.

excellent detective work=)

i ordered that book immediately just for the knights.
hopefully sooner or later some pics will leak...but i guess that this secrecy means that they will have a very big role in the coming films and this short glimpse of them is going to be something like a "future easter egg".

The guy who plays the riot control baton trooper who whooped Finn also played one of the Knights.
I've reached out to him on Facebook and he replied pretty quickly. Guy seems alright.
Would anyone who's maybe a bit more diplomatic than me want to ask him a few questions about the KoR costumes? Get any more details out of him?
https://www.facebook.com/AlexjamesR...mment_id=878405148945885&notif_t=feed_comment

You mens storm trooper TR-8R :D . That's pretty cool!

The guy who plays the riot control baton trooper who whooped Finn also played one of the Knights.
I've reached out to him on Facebook and he replied pretty quickly. Guy seems alright.
Would anyone who's maybe a bit more diplomatic than me want to ask him a few questions about the KoR costumes? Get any more details out of him?
https://www.facebook.com/AlexjamesR...mment_id=878405148945885&notif_t=feed_comment

that sounded very diplomatic to me. unfortunately i don't use the facebooks anymore;) i am just afraid that they won't give up any photos(if there are any) without endangering their future job=(

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back