How Does the Scarf/Hood Work?

Jodo

Master Member
Okay, maybe this past semester has gotten to me while in school, but how exactly is the scarf cut, and how does it lay? Is it attached to the hood at all?

I just cannot wrap my head around this (or it around my head) on how it all comes together, and I have no idea why. ><

I'm sure the hood attaches to the scarf in the back and sides. The scarf is a kind of slight rectangle with two opposing points pointing towards your front left shoulder and your rear right shoulder. Then it's just bunched around to make it look cool.

Anyway that's how I did mine.

I was kind of wondering the same because I'd like to just get a hood/scarf to display on a helmet. I don't really want to buy a whole costume if I could just get a hood/scarf.

I thought perhaps that it went around your neck, with both ends kind of overlapping one another in the back...Or that there may even be four separate ends. I still don't understand it!

Can someone diagram this? :p

Thanks for that video, Frozen! I was wondering the same thing, and what they show in the video looks great!

Okay, that is awesome! I thought the hood/scarf were one piece, but couldn't decide how it would work. That is excellent!

Okay, that is awesome! I thought the hood/scarf were one piece, but couldn't decide how it would work. That is excellent!

There are two versions.
I'm not shure which one is right.

Also there is a really expensive sixth scale doll, with screen accurate costume. there you can see, that there are a few parts of fabric are sewn to the hood.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7itj-1eDmFM
image.png

I seem to remember in the Comic Con walk-around video the hood and the scarf were one piece with a wire insert to keep the shape.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back