Working Kylo Ren Helmet?

I have been trying to figure out the same thing, no luck yet but I will let you know if I figure something out

Yeah no problem, question though, did you want it to be mechanized? Just want to be sure of what I am doing

Yep. Definitely mechanized. I'm not looking to purchase anything though. I'm really just looking to see if anyone can figure it out and if so, I'll feel confident in doing it myself.

Have either of you found decent reference for the scene where he releases the helmet and it actuates? After only one viewing, I'm not quite sure which parts move, how much, etc.

No that has been my biggest issue is a huge lack of reference...a short video clip would be perfect as for seeing how it moves but what can ya do right?

From memory, I need to rewatch the movie just for that scene lol
Your 3D model looks great. I'm going to watch that scene very carefully next time I see the movie, so I'll let you know if I notice anything to help out. I immediately knew that when I built that helmet, it would have to be actuated.

Last edited:
You 3D model looks great. I'm going to watch that scene very carefully next time I see the movie, so I'll let you know if I notice anything to help out. I immediately knew that when I built that helmet, it would have to be actuated.
Thank you, I found this online

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing I made the front faceplate of my Black series removable! I would be interested how you guys manage to work this out. I thought of doing a scissor like mechanism to detach and lift the faceplate, but had no Idea how to make it move without physically actuating it from the front.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back