Working Kylo Ren Helmet?

I find your lack of education disturbing. Not really worth my time. You should read back a lot of the post. Then maybe you can understand. Yes this is the RPF. It is more about artistic expression of movie costumes. Unless you are trying to do it exactly as the movies then accuracy is not an issue there is always more than one way to do it.

My point was really just that this is the RPF. We try to be really movie accurate. I was just trying to say that by the movement, it's not a spring. I'm pretty sure it was you who got offended by my comment, seeing as how that's what you said. Lol. Run along now.

I find your lack of education disturbing. Not really worth my time. You should read back a lot of the post. Then maybe you can understand. Yes this is the RPF. It is more about artistic expression of movie costumes. Unless you are trying to do it exactly as the movies then accuracy is not an issue there is always more than one way to do it.

Awww, isn't it cute how fast you moved to ad-hominem attacks and blanket statements with zero evidence? It also seems we're going around in circles, as you clearly aren't capable of understanding that it was you who belittled me and everyone else by saying how we were over thinking it. No, we were just thinking of it in the correct way. The second you tried to prove a spring could make that action, you had to bring in mechanical engineering from "other forum members," which shows you wouldn't even be capable of doing it yourself. Talk about the "easy way."

- - - Updated - - -

Get a room...

Since it is my thread...

I am more than capable of doing it myself and will be happy to post it as well as every one else that makes it work. It is about sharing information, is it not?

Awww, isn't it cute how fast you moved to ad-hominem attacks and blanket statements with zero evidence? It also seems we're going around in circles, as you clearly aren't capable of understanding that it was you who belittled me and everyone else by saying how we were over thinking it. No, we were just thinking of it in the correct way. The second you tried to prove a spring could make that a action, you had to bring in mechanical engineering from "other forum members," which shows you wouldn't even be capable of doing it yourself. Talk about the "easy way."

- - - Updated - - -

Since it is my thread...

Awww, isn't it cute how fast you moved to ad-hominem attacks and blanket statements with zero evidence? It also seems we're going around in circles, as you clearly aren't capable of understanding that it was you who belittled me and everyone else by saying how we were over thinking it. No, we were just thinking of it in the correct way. The second you tried to prove a spring could make that action, you had to bring in mechanical engineering from "other forum members," which shows you wouldn't even be capable of doing it yourself. Talk about the "easy way."

- - - Updated - - -

Since it is my thread...

Sound like some whiney little bitches, but whatever, carry on.

I am more than capable of doing it myself and will be happy to post it as well as every one else that makes it work. It is about sharing information, is it not?

I will say that I looked and see you said they could "elaborate more." Unless, of course, you changed it, but I don't really care. Lol. As far as you building one, I mean sure. If you want to prove a point that badly. I would love to see a spring that moves up at that rate. Of course, it would have to be simpler than just throwing in a servo with arduino (this includes the time it took you to figure it all out), and I am pretty sure there is a point in the movie where it does retract. If so, good luck with doing that and it being simpler than a servo. Of course, this would all be hilarious if it was all CGI.

Good possibility it was.

I will say that I looked and see you said they could "elaborate more." Unless, of course, you changed it, but I don't really care. Lol. As far as you building one, I mean sure. If you want to prove a point that badly. I would love to see a spring that moves up at that rate. Of course, it would have to be simpler than just throwing in a servo with arduino (this includes the time it took you to figure it all out), and I am pretty sure there is a point in the movie where it does retract. If so, good luck with doing that and it being simpler than a servo. Of course, this would all be hilarious if it was all CGI.

frank on the nights of ren facebook group has made a mechanised moving faceplate. I've seen a few photos of it and videos. he uses a type of scissor bracket and a servo. the effect is quite good I must add

Hi I'm very new here. I believe I could make this but still waiting on my BS helmet to arrive. A question I have though is:

Is the plate that moves up separate on the mask? I mean, is that an extra piece of material that has been added, or has it been cut off? If cut off and used, what is now behind it?

cheers

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back