Kylo Ren's Mask

brickchick1

***CAUTION-POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW. CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK***

Ok everyone!! The Force Awakens is finally here and it's time to get down to business!! I saw the movie premiere weekend and completely fell in love with out new villain. He has such an amazing beginning and we are only going to see him grow from here! I am attending my local con IN ONLY ONE AND A HALF MONTHS. I have decided to take it upon myself to work my freaking butt off and do my absolute best to get a well made, accurate cosplay of him done by that time. (I am a girl, but I'm not planning on making any changes to his look. I feel it is very gender neutral already and both a guy or a girl would look amazing in his original design.) The garment itself I've already begun planning, but I am completely lost at how to do his mask. I've yet to make a mask for any cosplay and I honestly don't know how to start. It's even harder because I have absolutely zero tutorials to start with or at least get inspiration from, because the movie has only been out for a grand total of 3 days. I know I can buy one, but I do not like buying completed pieces for my cosplays. It makes me feel like a fraud. Any help or guidance in at least the first step I should take would be GREATLY appreciated!!

There are numerous pepakura files available if you want to go that route. I'm actually looking at making a Kylo mask myself using EVA foam and a pattern I'm drawing up using photos collected by this incredible community during Comic Con earlier this year. I'm really just collecting all the info I need before I get started but if you have any questions, I'd be happy to share whatever I can!

I have a pepakura and 3d printable version

JQS1dKI.png
ftpMoiL.png

I'm also a girl planning on doing a Kylo Ren cosplay. I hear there is a good book available at indigo / chapters. i was told it has details of his costume. gonna try to get it soon.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back