Vintage Game Collector's Corner

Wes R

Legendary Member
Figured I'd set up a thread for those of us who collect vintage video games and stuff related to them. I know there's a few folks on here and a few who I've even gotten parts of my collection from. Feel free to do reviews of items you've picked up too if you want. I recently got a beat up old Dyn's Paddle IV pong clone, it's seen better days compared to the ones on ebay but if i can get it working it'll be nice. The fake wood "paneling" is coming off the top and is gone on one controller and it looks like i'm not the first person to have it open which worries me. I found one online for 5.00 in a goodwill in toledo but after working for goodwill i don't trust their electronics or games.

Great thread! :thumbsup
With all the Star Wars, Iron Man, Spiderman, Gaurdians of the Galaxy, etc., etc., threads.... (Exhausting!)
It is great to see a thread about vintage games that will hopefully bring back so many memories.
I look forward to following it :)

I know Michael Bergeron is a vintage game collector so perhaps he will have much to contribute here ;)

I have to get some pics of this new console and get the wiring experts on here to help, one of the wires from the battery terminal isn't hooked up and i'm not sure where it should go.

I have to get some pics of this new console and get the wiring experts on here to help, one of the wires from the battery terminal isn't hooked up and i'm not sure where it should go.
Sounds like I could probably help. I have some experiencing rewiring broken Nintendos.

I might need your help with that at some point lol. I'm ashamed that it's such a basic thing with this and i don't remember enough from votech to fix it yet i could easily fix a psp screen. I'll get pics in the next few days. I need to get more shelving so i can finish displaying things. At this point i think i could take over a spare bedroom or the living room and still not have enough space. Then again if I didn't have 2 windows i never use i could put a big shelf there too. DSCN0032.JPGDSCN0033.JPGDSCN0035.JPGDSCN0034.JPGDSCN0036.JPG
I want to say that it goes to the terminal with all the other wires since the green one is the ground wire/terminal as far as i can tell. I'm scared to move it as cheap as the wires are. I haven't found any spots it broke off of. What's odd is it not only has a battery compartment but it has a plug for a powercord and amazingly i got the cord with it. Just don't want to plug it in if this wire is important and not hooked up. I have no clue what the previous owner did to this thing to turn it yellow considering the inside is so pristine. I wanted to soak it in a bath and scrub it with a tooth brush but the parts are in too well and i don't want to risk breaking more wires. I had to go fishing for 3 extra screws as it only had one keeping it shut.
I think another owner opened it up to see what was wrong and said hell know when they saw the wire lol

Last edited:
I want to say that it goes to the terminal with all the other wires since the green one is the ground wire/terminal as far as i can tell. I'm scared to move it as cheap as the wires are. I haven't found any spots it broke off of. What's odd is it not only has a battery compartment but it has a plug for a powercord and amazingly i got the cord with it. Just don't want to plug it in if this wire is important and not hooked up. I have no clue what the previous owner did to this thing to turn it yellow considering the inside is so pristine. I wanted to soak it in a bath and scrub it with a tooth brush but the parts are in too well and i don't want to risk breaking more wires. I had to go fishing for 3 extra screws as it only had one keeping it shut.
I think another owner opened it up to see what was wrong and said hell know when they saw the wire lol

I tried to look up specific instructions for the unit, but only found that apparently batteries are necessary to use it. There also may be a way to reverse any "permanent" yellowing with "retrobright." There are variety of recipe's and methods on the net.
https://www.google.com/#q=retrobright+recipe

I believe that the wire should be soldered to what appears to be a bare battery terminal. DSCN0033.JPG

Last edited:
Very cool. I'll give it a solder when i get home today, have to see if we have the right batteries. If not i'll have to get some. I actually remember seeing retrobright mentioned on a forum about fixing the yellowing of NES and SNES units. Oddly enough it isn't just game console plastic prone to it from the 80s, vintage transformers yellow without warning too. Not sure why i didn't notice that the one terminal wasnt hooked up, it's pretty obvious. I want to smack the person who used this cheap thin wire, i may end up having to just run a new one.

I had to take the good end of the wire off that terminal, trying to solder that battery coil to the wire was ticking me off, i might juts replace the wire. My radioshack 60/40 rosin core isn't doing well either, the crap balls up but won't flow. Might be time for a new soldering iron, i tried another brand of solder i have from japan and the iron melted it better but it clung to the iron so i think that was the end of it. They're only 5.00 walmart ones so it's no big loss.

Last edited:
I was just going to post a thread asking about vintage consoles and games. I recently came across all my old games and systems.
What would be a fair asking price for the lot?
* indicates original box/packaging/guides

PlayStation 1 Console and controller
*Tecmos Deception
*Alien Resurection
*Tomb Raider Chronicles
*Treasures of The Deep
*Parasite Eve
*Medal of Honor Underground
*Tomb Raider 3
*Shadow Man
*Nightmare Creatures
*Fade to Black
*Jugernaught
*Tomb Raider 2
*Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
*Resident Evil 3 Nemisis
*Tomb Raider
*Fear Effect
*Covert Ops Nuclear Dawn
*Medal of Honor
*Syphon Filter
*Star Wars Jedi Power Battles
*Eagle One Harrier Attack
*Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi
*Silent Hill
*Evil Dead Hail to the King
*Dino Crisis
*Dino Crisis 2
*Syphon Filter 2
*Time Commando
*Tomb Raider The Last Revelation
*OverBlood
*Fear Effect 2 Retro Helix
*Star Wars Dark Forces
*Galerians
*Metal Gear Solid
*Clock Tower
*Star Wars Rebel Assault 2
*Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Meanace
*Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
*Thunder Strike 2
*Resident Evil Directors Cut
*Gunship
*Resident Evil 2

PS2 Games
*Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
*Resident Evil Code Veronica
*Alien trilogy
*Metal Gear Solid Sons of Liberty
*GTA III
*Orphen Scion of Sorcery
*Guitar Hero

SNES Console and controllers
*Star Wars
*The Empire Strikes Back
*Return of the Jedi
*Starfox
*Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage
*Illusion of Gaia
*Out of This World
*Turn And Burn No Fly Zone
*Batman Returns
*Monopoly
*Wing Commander
*Flashback The Quest for Identity
*Wing Commander The Secret Missions
*Super Mario World
*Price of Persia

NES 1985 Nintendo Zapper gun, One controller
Games have black plastic sleeve.
Monopoly
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link
Tiger Heli
Metal Gear
Wizards and Warriors
Crystalis
Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt,Track Meet

Nintendo 64 Console and controller
*Star Wars Shadows of The Empire
*Star Wars battle for Naboo
*Goldeneye 007
*Mission Impossable
*Starfox 64
*Star Wars Rogue Squadron
*Pilot Wings 64
*Zelda Ocarina of Time
*Super Mario 64
*Forsaken 64
*Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
*Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
*Turock Dinosaur Hunter
*Doom 64
*Banjo and Kazooie
*Quest 64

Sega Game Gear (Turns on but no picture)
*Star Wars

I shoulda made a rule about no posting game as they tempt me lol. Sounds like your game gear is like most others and had the capacitors go bad. If they're in the box games go for a good bit more, the best thing to do is to check on ebay and amazon and use that as a guide. If i wasn't in debt for xmas i'd try and get them all off you but i'm broke until feb.

I'm not in a rush to sell Wes. :) I've got a rough idea from evil bay. I'd just like a fair offer for the lot as I really don't want to piece it out. I want for them all to go to a good home.

I have a few of them but I go against what most collectors advice and get doubles just in case. Remind me in feb or march lol. On a positive note i managed to fix this stupid wiring thanks to the new iron and letting it sit for 7 minutes to get super hot. The repairs sure aren't pretty but hopefully the do the trick.

I wish I'd kept my old systems I had a bunch and a few games. Games were usually reserved for christmas since they were pretty pricey. I always laugh that in some cases i'm paying the original price for used games.

Random tip: If you're like me and can't afford to buy nice dust covered for every console right now you can get cheap showercaps from a dollar store and stretch them out over the consoles. Not pretty but they work until you can track the normal covers down. 4 of them cost me 50.00 for nice slip on covers for newer systems.

Edit: 12-30-15. Got my NES with powerpad today from Oregon in about 3 days or so which is impressive. Dude packed it amazingly and honestly it looks like it just came off a store shelf. Most amusing part is the styrofoam inside is broken in the exact same spot as mine when i opened it originally from trying to get the thing out in the first place.

Last edited:
I still play my old Nintendo and Gameboy. I've had them since I was a kid and always kept them in great condition. Still can't beat Battletoads, but whatever.

Actually I didn't get it hooked up yet. I've been very lazy this last week lol. I'm still trying to come up for a solution to the mess that is the wires behind the tv. I'm about ready to start bundling cables by type and not by system.

Time to revive this thread. So i actually broke up my special editions to put stuff on shelves and free up space and it actually opened up 3 shelves worth of space. I also finally got a hold of a sega CD RAM cart, they're insanely pricey.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back