STARL0RD's Kylo Ren build (Fabric tips?)

STARL0RD

So after what Kylo Ren did to our beloved Han Solo I didn't know if anyone still liked him as much as I still do.
I decided to start this as Kylo Ren is still my favorite Dark Side character. I have started and nearly finished the helmet ( I plan to make a second one, smaller and I plan to PVA it before paint this time possibly bondo it due to the fact of seeing just how heavy and solid it is in the movie) but I made it out of EVA foam and have painted it using a gloss black that didn't show due to the lack of sealing it before paint. I have to find the fabric still for the basket weave ( I can't afford the actual fabric but something very close would be nice) I don't mind if I have to dye it. I am also planning on buying the Disney store saber and paining it as well as replacing the blades possibly. So thats were I am currently at! Also I will most likely be selling the helmet for around 35-40$ plus shipping due to the flaws.
-STARL0RD

Last edited:
Re: Anyone Still like Kylo Ren? helmet mk 1 finished (pic heavy)

finished the base of the new helmet today planning to PVA then spray paint today as well...will post pictures when done.

Last edited:
Re: STARL0RD's Kylo Ren build

here are the pictures of the helmet so far, obviously there are some adjustments that need to be made but for the most part pretty good I think.

SAM_4319.JPG
SAM_4318.JPG
SAM_4317.JPG
SAM_4315.JPG
SAM_4314.JPG
I still have a bit of shaping to do as well as I plan to use my woodburning tool to "carve" in the black lines, then I plan to pva the whole thing probably 10 or so layers then I'm gonna paint the whole thing. I was happy to find that I have some krylon chrome spray paint!

Re: STARL0RD's Kylo Ren build

Anybody know a good fabric...I found one source on amazon that seems promising but I want to see all options before I make a decision.

Does anyone know, where I can find a good fabric for the outer coat and the hood in germany?
I looked through so many local and online stores, and can't find anything that fits?
Does someone know what the basket weave and the monks cloth are called in german?

Does anyone know, where I can find a good fabric for the outer coat and the hood in germany?
I looked through so many local and online stores, and can't find anything that fits?
Does someone know what the basket weave and the monks cloth are called in german?
I'm sorry man I live in the U.S. so I don't know exactly what you would need to search for that. I can try to help as much as possible though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back