Homemade Yoda

superrober1

I´ve been inspired buy all the amazing work done here so I decided to go for it and build a (almost) life size master Yoda. I have absolutely no experience sculpting so most of the time I have no idea what am I doing.

Hopefully something good will come out of this.Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

20151210_213650.jpg
Yoda popsicle
20151210_215710.jpg

20151211_211202.jpg

Unfortunately I havent had much time to work on this. I´m still trying to get the proportions close enough so I can start making details:

right.jpg

left.jpg

front 2.jpg

front.jpg

The camera distorts the shape of the head, making it look tiny. I´ll keep sculpting to see how far I can go.:)

Check out his last remark in joining the Yoda Builders Group on facebook too with a link ... for lots of pictures of the vintage Yoda :)

Chaim

Wow, awesome sculpting! To get less camera distortion, try taking the pictures from farther back, about 6 feet. :thumbsup

This looks like a really promising start! I can't wait to see the end result!

My only real base note would be to maybe smooth out the chin a bit. He's got a little more of a turkey neck than the clear jaw line you've sculpted. Everything else looks pretty close to perfect, proportion-wise. I'm excited to see those details and textures added. :)

This looks like a really promising start! I can't wait to see the end result!

My only real base note would be to maybe smooth out the chin a bit. He's got a little more of a turkey neck than the clear jaw line you've sculpted. Everything else looks pretty close to perfect, proportion-wise. I'm excited to see those details and textures added. :)

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. I´ll chop that thing right off tonigh

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back