Discovery Times Sq Star Wars Costume & Props Exhibit. Lots of PIX

Probe Droid

Master Member
FYI: Anyone in the NYC area should visit the Discovery Times Sq Star Wars and the Power of Costume Exhibit. Lots of good stuff from the OT through Ep 7. Some lightsabers and blasters as well.

Unfortunately, flash photography is prohibited, so shooting this thing was challenging. I've got lots of pix in a Flickr Album that can be used as references for Ep. 7 costumes.
Finn Rey X Wing Pilot 2.jpgEp 7 Trooper 1.jpgFinn Jacket L 2.jpgFinn Shoes 1.jpgRey Head Wrap L.jpgRey Pilot Heads.jpgTFA Snow Trooper 3.jpgTFA Snowtrooper Backpack Left Side.jpgTFA Snowtrooper Belt Chest Plate.jpgTFA Snowtrooper Chest Plate Helmeet Front.jpgTFA Snowtrooper Legging Clasps and Boot.jpgTFA Stormtrooper Helmet Left Angle.jpgTFA Stormtrooper Boots Closeup.jpgTFA Stormtrooper Right Arm Closeup.jpgTFA Tie Fighter Chest Closeup.jpg

X Wing Pilot Helmet Rt RearFull.jpgX Wing Helmet Transistor.jpgTPM Background Blaster Detail 1.jpgPadwan Kenobi Master Ginn Lightsabers 1.jpg

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Re: Discovery Times Sq Star Wars and the Power of Costume Exhibit. Pix

You captured some AWESOME angles. It's a bummer that flash isn't allowed, but at least you were able to get in that close.

Have mercy on anyone that tries to replicate that TIE Pilot suit. :eek

I had a decent length zoom (unfortunately, it's slow), but there are alarms that go off if you get to close. You could tell where I was in the exhibit by which room the alarms were blaring away in.

I took pix that people could use as references: shoes, clasps, small details, etc.

Also thanks for posting and taking all of these Mike :)

(That's not the screen used Obi Wan saber guys! It had a flat emitter plate)

Great stuff, good pics. The alarms remind me of an art museum in Berlin. I have a big nose, and whenever I'd lean in to look at something I'd set an alarm off :lol

FYI:For those seeing TFA in an AMC theater if you bring the AMC ticket stub/receipt to this exhibit you'll get 20% off the admission price, so roughly a $5.40 discount. Good deal.

Star Wars Prequels Sith Lightsaber Props.jpg

Were these things made from wood?

View attachment 566644

Ditto Treadwell, that's a resin copy with air bubbles.

As for the greeble on the handle, like thd9791 said, that's definitely a TO-3 transistor case. However, the height of the transistor case seems a little shorter than what's used for a transistor like the 2N3055, so I'm figuring they probably used a Motorola or National Semiconductor's 3-terminal voltage regulator packaged in a TO-3 case.

That nozzle looks vaguely familiar, too.... I just can't put my finger on it right now, though...

Thanks, lads, glad you like the pix.

Just added the last few. There might be a few stragglers, but I think I got in all the decent ones (281 in all).

I prefer the OT films dramatically, but when you see the prequels costumes they're remarkable. So elaborate. Some nice props, too.

Enjoy.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back