Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

It kind of is their fault when the do what they can to not inform you of the fact that it'll be available later and if they intentionally delay the 3D release specifically to get people to buy it twice.

I'm sorry, you'll have to lay out the intentional misinformation campaign for me, I see the just announced the DVD and digital release with no mention of the 3D so where is the bait and switch? If you want the 3D version, just WAIT, it won't kill you.

That as far as anyone can tell officially right now, only a 2D release is coming, but per the post by droid747: Per starwars.com, a 3d version will be available later this year so if you want to movie on release and want 3d you will have to double dip.

I don't go to the star wars site for my BR news frankly...so if I wanted a 3D version, i'd be assuming there wouldn't be one as pretty much every other movie releases them both at once, with the 3D containing the 2D for around 10 bucks more usually, since it's not available. Then, 6 months later, here's the 3D version at 20 or 30 on it's own....If it's not a petty move, you tell your retailers when the other will be out so they can inform their customers at that time. And, hey, if it is a legit reason on the delay, all the more reason to tell people and not put it out there.

That as far as anyone can tell officially right now, only a 2D release is coming, but per the post by droid747: Per starwars.com, a 3d version will be available later this year so if you want to movie on release and want 3d you will have to double dip.

People who only want 3D can't wait? They HAVE to buy it day of release? Or is that a choice? Entitlement society in full effect.

Why not? People blamed Lucas for "making" them buy different releases for years. People clamored for DVD and complained when they had to buy it, same for the eventual BR release. What Disney is doing does make a little less sense. Not that it will be an investment for me. It's the first "Star Wars" movie I won't be buying.

People who only want 3D can't wait? They HAVE to buy it day of release? Or is that a choice? Entitlement society in full effect.

Good lord, get over yourself.

It's one thing to wait, it's another to have to wait 6 months for your choice, and it's another to not know you have the actual choice at all. As far as i can see the only thing telling anyone there will be a 3D version is the star wars site. Truthfully, i can't believe there's a huge audience for the 3D version. Requires 3D player, 3D glasses, 3D TV etc. The point is, it's not entitlement to want to have your choices known to you before you make a decision. It has jack @#%^ to do with having to wait. Zip, zilch, nada - at least in my book. It's knowing you have the choice in the first place.

If I have an issue philosophically, (I don't have a 3D setup), it's that if you want to give me two choices, great! You should just make sure i'm aware of those choices before trying to sell me. Simple as that. Make it well known, and no issue at all.

How much more well known does it need to be made? They're stating point blank on their website that the 3D version will be available later in the year. Do they have to put it a Bat signal in the sky of every city telling them there won't be a 3D version on April 5th?

Hummmmmmmmm. After reading all the new details on the several retail specific bonus content versions of the Blu ray release alone this morning I find myself squarely in support ( for once) of the marketing cynics. In the UK we appear (at the moment) to be just getting the one version released on the 18th April but why they need half a dozen versions of the bonus documentaries for different retailers in the US is a bit beyond me, but perhaps somebody can enlighten ? That and a later release of the 3d ,which is mostly just slightly more expensive and usually released at the same time as the others does strike me as odd, as it doesn't seem to follow the normal pattern, unless of course there is so much bonus content on the Blu ray that makes it difficult to do.

We will need to wait until its released in a month time but the key thing point of interest for me will be just how many and how long the deleted scenes will be. That will give us plenty of time to speculate on the actual possibility of an extended cut more accurately. I know JJ has said "No way" but I believe Disney has the ultimate power to decide, and JJ has denied so much so often now that has turned out to be dead right I find myself curiously unable to believe him. Given how successful extended additions have proved to be with fans and given how much footage there appears to exist from TFA it would probably the a smart and inevitable move by Disney, given their strategy so far.

Last edited:
Unless she was Han's daughter from someone else (where Han wasn't aware of the child's existence) and not from Leia, I don't see Rey being a Solo.

Also would seem little odd Han and Leia not acknowledging in some way about having a second kid during the movie, especially while they were talking about Ben in general. But it's still plausible to make up reasons as to why they chose not to bring her up.

NO EXTENDED VERSIONS SPECIAL EDITIONS DIRECTOR'S CUTS gggaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, the special editions of Episodes 7, 8 and 9 well be released early next decade with new and improved visual effects :D oh and Episodes 4, 5 and 6 in "Holo-3D" :lol

Way to bend people over disney. Per starwars.com, a 3d version will be available later this year so if you want to movie on release and want 3d you will have to double dip.

I saw the extended 3D version of Avatar in the theater 2010, still waiting for that to be released.

Wow, this comment really makes it sound like Daisy is suggesting Rey is definitely not a Solo.

http://youtu.be/qFaKca16dVo

SPOILER ALERT: "There is another, s-s-sk-sk-sky-wa-lker" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that the deleted scenes are just under 4 min. Nothing to get overly excited about.

That would suck considering J.J. said there is probably 20 minutes of cut footage.

Bluray features:

Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in theStar Warsuniverse.
Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatureso life.
Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaberbattle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendarycomposer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.
ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.
Plus Deleted Scenes
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer

Last edited by a moderator:
...In the UK we appear (at the moment) to be just getting the one version released on the 18th April but why they need half a dozen versions of the bonus documentaries for different retailers in the US is a bit beyond me, but perhaps somebody can enlighten ?
In a word, money. Everyone involved knows there are fans out there who will buy multiple copies in order to get all of the bonus features available, or to have the same movie on DVD, Blu-ray, and 3D. And then there are the "completist" fans who will buy every version of whatever they release simply because it has the Star Wars logo on it and they "must" own it.

Finally found someone who agrees with me on the soundtrack front. The music from the first full trailer sounded incredible. Especially the music from the South Korean TV spot, a much slower a darker recording of ESB elements. I couldn't wait to get a recording of it. None of that showed up in the film. And as you said - pretty forgettable. I really wanted to love it. Repeated listening but it hasn't stuck.

Finally found someone who agrees with me on the soundtrack front. The music from the first full trailer sounded incredible. Especially the music from the South Korean TV spot, a much slower a darker recording of ESB elements. I couldn't wait to get a recording of it. None of that showed up in the film. And as you said - pretty forgettable. I really wanted to love it. Repeated listening but it hasn't stuck.

Agreed, 100%... The music was epic in the trailers, I was so so with the Williams score, other than Rey's theme... I hope they get the guy who put together the trailer score to compose Rogue One or other SW music! Lol

I will double dip and love it both times.
Disney take my money.

Lol me too. ;)

Over here when things come out on Bluray they are really cheap for the first week or so and I'm guessing this is a definite for star wars. Must have blurays I always buy on day one so if I do this with both the 2d and 3d I'll pay pretty close to a full price copy for both.

Ben

Agreed, 100%... The music was epic in the trailers, I was so so with the Williams score, other than Rey's theme... I hope they get the guy who put together the trailer score to compose Rogue One or other SW music! Lol
I guess it's a first on two fronts for me. I agree about the music. First "Star Wars" movie, as well as score, that I won't be purchasing.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back