Subscribe
    Jan 18, 2016, 9:43 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2926

Can Adam Driver beat up Daisy Ridley?

I honestly don't know.

Could he knock her out in a single punch if she bothered to stand still and let him?

Again, I honestly don't know.

More to the point, though, none of that matters for purposes of the film.

We're dealing with a film world where the following have literally been shown on screen:

• Yoda used the Force to lift a ship probably 30x his own size and weight out of a swamp.
    • Yoda flipped and spun around like a spider monkey on crack to fight Dooku.
    • Luke shot straight into the air about 40 feet to grab on to overhanging gear in the Bespin carbonite chamber.
    • Numerous characters have pulled and thrown all manner of objects big and small through the air using the Force.
    • Darth Vader crushed the windpipes of numerous people, including those he was literally just watching on TV who were in an entirely different part of the ship.
    • Several characters have visions of the future as a result of the Force.
    • At least one character has had abstract visions of a malevolent presence through the use of the Force (Luke in the cave at Dagobah).
    • The Dark Side of the Force made at least two characters' eyes turn all red and evil-lookin'.
    • Force-using characters have repeatedly used laser swords to block incoming blaster shots, and even reflect them back at the shooters.
    • Even untrained individuals "sensed" things through the Force (e.g. Leia finding Luke on Bespin).

In The Force Awakens, we also see:

• Rey displaying hitherto unknown powers and abilities that astound even her, and whose origin she cannot explain.
    • Chewie's bowcaster literally blow a Stormtrooper around 10 feet through the air and into a wall, as well as cause minor explosions near other troopers.
    • Rey displaying her melee combat abilities using her staff.
    • Kylo Ren harboring doubts of his own abilities.
    • Kylo Ren apparently being reluctant to kill his own father.
    • Kylo Ren taking a bowcaster shot to the gut and then having to fight Finn.

So, when Rey suddenly becomes imbued with the power of the Force, I find it entirely believable that she could thereafter defeat an already-critically-wounded Kylo Ren.

Why? Simple.

The Force is, for all intents and purposes, space magic. It doesn't obey the "rules" of the real world. Star Wars is not and never has been grounded in a reality that mirrors our own. To the contrary, it is grand space fantasy. Now, admittedly, it is grand space fantasy that has remained familiar to us through a combination of storytelling tropes, expertly built props, and -- in some of the films, at least -- a kind of "weathered" or "lived-in" sense for the universe, but it has never, ever been "real" or striven for "realism."

Moreover, as I note above, TFA did try to show its audience that Rey is (A) extremely powerful, (B) has an unknown limit to her power, (C) is uncertain of the source of her powers, (D) was hidden away for reasons that remain unknown to us, and (D) was fighting an already heavily wounded opponent.

So, in summation, there is zero reason why Rey couldn't defeat Kylo Ren, regardless of the fact that she's smaller, she's a woman, she's untrained in the use of the Force, etc.

It's space magic. Her abilities obeyed the rules created within the universe. The film may not have effectively conveyed all of that to every audience member, but it is there to be seen. If folks want to complain that the film didn't do enough to explain Rey's abilities or contextualize why she could win in the fight against Kylo Ren, fine. But let's move on from the notion of "But he's bigger and stronger than her!" because, again -- space magic.
  2. Valar Morghulis RPF Premium Member kristen jones's Avatar
    From
    Flint, MI.
    Jan 18, 2016, 9:46 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2927

jcoffman99 said: View Post
    So this is the dumbest article I've seen yet relating to the film. Apparently the film is racist. I encourage everyone to flood the comment section with just how wrong she is.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13408...o&cm_ven=YAHOO
    yep.. I officially concur: that is THE single DUMBEST thing I have ever heard.

First, John Boyega is NOT an African American... he's a British Subject. So fail#1 there.

Second, he isn't given the name Finn, Poe suggests it, and Finn says "Yeah.. I LIKE that". Doesn't sound compulsory at all. Someone made a suggestion of an alternate name than the designation he was given by the First Order, and he DECIDED (on his own---of his own free will) to go with it. It was his CHOICE.

Third, Rey is not a better fighter than Finn... she is a different sort of fighter, who is the product of different upbringing. Let's not forget that Finn took on Kylo before Rey did, and despite having no experience against a Force User and no training previously with a Lightsaber, he did pretty well.

fourth.. it's race baiting...like so much we see in the media these days. One scarcely wants to bother responding to it any longer, because the baiters don't listen... they just keep on perpetuating their twisted ideas.
    Last edited by kristen jones; Jan 18, 2016 at 9:54 AM.
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    Jan 18, 2016, 9:47 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2928

jcoffman99 said: View Post
    So this is the dumbest article I've seen yet relating to the film. Apparently the film is racist. I encourage everyone to flood the comment section with just how wrong she is.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13408...o&cm_ven=YAHOO
    That was a very insightful article, which echoes some observations I've made earlier in this thread.

Angelus Lupus said: View Post
    I seriously hope that the next part has Poe/Finn be a thing or Rey getting with that female X-wing pilot.
    Oh that's coming. It's the next item on the agenda. It won't be any of the characters you mentioned, but you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be Star Wars' first openly gay (3PO and Jar Jar don't count) in these next episodes. And yes, possibly a gay couple. They will be good, virtuous to the core.

Then all three boxes of the agenda will be checked:

* female protagonist better, stronger, smarter, more virtuous than any male ever
    * black hero, virtuous to the core, who gets the white woman
    * openly gay character, virtuous to the core (and if disney's feeling really audacious, an openly gay couple)

The liberal trifecta!

Once again, I have no problem with Rey being powerful. My problems is that she was instantly all-powerful, to the exclusion of showing her learn, struggle, sacrifice and grow (like we saw with Luke). It makes her unrelatable and unbelievable. Finn and the inter-racial relationship doesn't bother my either, except that it's insulting to blacks to have given Boyega (a terrific actor) a token part in the film--Finn's character is completely extraneous to the plot--instead of a valuable role who actually does something meaningful (like Poe). It's so transparent and insulting to the black community, I find it disgusting. As for the third box, it is yet to be checked, so I cannot comment on it specifically. But I hope when it happens--which is a fait accompli--Disney is not as insulting to the gay community as they have been to the black community.

The Wook
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Jan 18, 2016, 9:49 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2929

Whew, I was wondering when homophobia would finally show up and it has! @The Wook, you are peppering all your comments with your own political and social bias and it's really problematic and totally not appropriate to discussing this film.
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    Jan 18, 2016, 9:59 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2930

Bryancd said: View Post
    Whew, I was wondering when homophobia would finally show up and it has! @The Wook, you are peppering all your comments with your own political and social bias and it's really problematic and totally not appropriate to discussing this film.
    I didn't bring up gays in Star Wars, the poster above me did. What, I'm not allowed to respond to topics people bring up?! lol

And I'm definitely not a homophobe. If you even read my post, you'd see that my wish is that the filmmakers don't make the inevitable gay character a token the way they did Finn.

The Wook
  6. Valar Morghulis RPF Premium Member kristen jones's Avatar
    From
    Flint, MI.
    Jan 18, 2016, 9:59 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2931

The Wook said: View Post
    That was a very insightful article, which echoes some observations I've made earlier in this thread.

Once again, I have no problem with Rey being powerful. My problems is that she was instantly all-powerful, to the exclusion of showing her learn, struggle, sacrifice and grow (like we saw with Luke). It makes her unrelatable and unbelievable.

Finn and the inter-racial relationship doesn't bother my either, except that it's insulting to blacks to have given Boyega (a terrific actor) a token part in the film--Finn's character is completely extraneous to the plot--instead of a valuable role who actually does something meaningful (like Poe). It's so transparent and insulting to the black community, I find it disgusting. As for the third box, it is yet to be checked, so I cannot comment on it specifically. But I hope when it happens--which is a fait accompli--Disney is not as insulting to the gay community as they have been to the black community.

The Wook

1. Of COURSE you would think so. No surprise there.

2. Technically we never saw Yoda learn, struggle, sacrifice... but we accepted instantly that he was very powerful and strong with the Force. Why was that? Because he was old? Not a female (as far as we know)?

3. Finn is not a token... and he did many important things in the story, including managing to complete Poe's mission for him (albeit with a side motive of wanting to run from the First Order's tyranny, and also wanting to protect the first person who ever looked at him in a way other than as a servant or minion) even Poe got that... it's why he called Finn a "good man".
    From
    Metro Detroit
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:00 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2932

Since some folks like to remind folks of the Community Guidelines regarding ad hominem attacks, hopefully they'll adhere to all the guidelines for the RPF - and not just pick and choose.

D. Hate Speech. While we believe everyone has a right to express their point of view, even if it is unpopular, we don’t permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual preference).

E. Controversial Topics (Religion and Politics). Because they are so detrimental to the cohesion of any community, we do not allow the discussion of political/religious views, religious/political figures, or social issues that will inevitably draw members into a heated debate (e.g Evolution/Creationism or the politics behind gun control, abortion, etc). It is unrealistic to believe that a religious or political viewpoint won’t work its way into the Community in some fashion (e.g mentioning you will pray for a sick member). It is important to remember that the purpose of this policy is not to limit your ability to express your beliefs but to limit the division often caused by discussing/debating differing points of view regarding these subjects.

There have been many obvious sexist, misogynistic posts; now, we have had a few political posts that are clear violations. Keep that kinda stuff on the conspiracy-nutjob sites that they come from.

If you're going to hide behind the Community Guidelines, make sure you stick to them as well.
    Last edited by JD; Jan 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM.
  8. I never said Batman!!! RPF Premium Member Bigdaddy's Avatar
    From
    Midwest USA
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:03 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2933

Is anybody else sick and tired of the pro-blaster conservative agenda being forced on us in Star Wars? I mean guns and violence are everywhere in all 7 films! Obviously a conspiracy to glorify weapons in children's minds.
  9. RPF Premium Member The Mad Professor's Avatar
    From
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:05 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2934

But now I seriously hope that the next part has Poe/Finn be a thing or Rey getting with that female X-wing pilot, 'cos that'll hopefully make the bigots' heads explode and then we can get some peace.

Rey getting with that female X-wing pilot,
    Last edited by The Mad Professor; Jan 18, 2016 at 10:14 AM.
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:10 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2935

JD said: View Post
    Since some folks like to remind folks of the Community Guidelines regarding ad hominem attacks, hopefully they'll adhere to all the guidelines for the RPF - and not just pick and choose.

D. Hate Speech. While we believe everyone has a right to express their point of view, even if it is unpopular, we don’t permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual preference).

E. Controversial Topics (Religion and Politics). Because they are so detrimental to the cohesion of any community, we do not allow the discussion of political/religious views, religious/political figures, or social issues that will inevitably draw members into a heated debate (e.g Evolution/Creationism or the politics behind gun control, abortion, etc). It is unrealistic to believe that a religious or political viewpoint won’t work its way into the Community in some fashion (e.g mentioning you will pray for a sick member). It is important to remember that the purpose of this policy is not to limit your ability to express your beliefs but to limit the division often caused by discussing/debating differing points of view regarding these subjects.

There have been many obvious sexist, misogynistic posts; now, we have had a few political posts that a clear violations. Keep that kinda stuff on the conspiracy-nutjob sites that they come from.

If you're going to hide behind the Community Guidelines, make sure you stick to them as well.
    The thing is, I never said I was opposed to the liberal agenda. I merely pointed out my displeasure with the filmmakers for so transparently checking off boxes, at the expense of creating believable characters and non-token characters. Rey was not believable, and Finn was a contrived token--both written that way for the sole purpose of checking off boxes on the agenda.

You guys are hilarious!

The Wook
  11. RPF Premium Member The Mad Professor's Avatar
    From
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:14 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2936

The thing is, I never said I was opposed to the liberal agenda. I merely pointed out my displeasure with the filmmakers for so transparently checking off boxes, at the expense of creating believable characters and non-token characters. Rey was not believable, and Finn was a contrived token--both written that way for the sole purpose of checking off boxes on the agenda.
    Did we actually watch the same movie?

Explain how Rey was not believable and how Finn was a token character.
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:19 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2937

Finn's character is completely extraneous to the plot--instead of a valuable role who actually does something meaningful (like Poe).
    Finn defecting is huge - being ABLE to defect after being indoctrinated is MEGA huge - it sets him levels of autonomy above the clones who turned on the Jedi after being given a single order. The fact that he wanted to run away at first makes him relateable, and the fact that he wanted to go after Rey when everyone else in her life is ready to abandon her makes him pretty important to the plot, if you think Rey is important. If you want to say anyone could have wanted to go after her and help, fine, but it's because Finn defected that he was able to lead Han in and they were able to blow up the planet death star thingy bopper.

Who Finn is brings the meaning and what he is able to do that nobody else could do makes him important to the plot. Do you know anyone who feels insulted? Just curious where you got that or if you're just projecting how you would feel.

As for Rey - she was a bit over powered and I could have used some more growth time, but I did like what little they did give us - her learning from Kylo to use the mind reaching thing he did and then when they are fighting she has a moment when she remembers 'The Force!' and tries to tap into it. THAT was super cool to see she is becoming aware of her connection. I'm hoping they explain more of where she gets her abilities in the next movies - like maybe she was exposed to some teachings when she was younger or maybe she's got Anakin level midiclorians... we'll see if they bother to explain it. She did fight pretty well with her pole and I've heard people describe her light saber tactics as being in line with how she used her fighting pole... so she had some skill she was able to apply... and Kylo Ren was pretty wounded when trying to fight her...

But let's compare her to Anakin, who was much younger. He was talented mechanically and an ace pilot at a very, very young age. They never showed us how he learned - we just see he is the only human who can fly a pod racer. Did he get in and it came naturally, or did he have to be taught? We don't know, but I think we can assume Watto wouldn't put a valuable slave in a pod racer and risk his life - just like Anakin was building his own pod racer behind Watto's back, he probably had to sneak into his first pod racer. If he crashed it the first time, that would have been it - so the chances are he picked it up very quickly. What we do see is him hiding in a Nubian fighter and then in the midst of a battle he takes off the auto pilot and figures out how to blow up the command station and get out alive.

In the Jedi Temple we see him being able to identify items on a screen that he can't see when he was presumably never taught to do that... he just can naturally. We also never saw Anakin's first use of a lightsaber. We see Obi-wan take him as his padawan and then the movie ends and next movie is years later. Maybe he picked it up as fast as Rey did? We just don't know. And again, he was years younger.

Bottom line - I think Finn's contribution is way cooler, more meaningful and deeper than Poe - who was just a rebel pilot who we are told is the best... And I'm holding out for Rey to have more explanation on her powers in the future movies... but I don't think she was anything more than Anakin might have been if he had been found at her age living her life.
    From
    Metro Detroit
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:20 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2938

You guys are hilarious!
    Doesn't matter. The Community Guidelines are clear - just as they are for ad hominem attacks.

The last part also fits under the trolling definition - ya know... the real trolling definition, not the one you made up to fit your agenda.

What I find sad and tragic, is that you really seem to believe this stuff - but, you're entitled to your opinion. Just doesn't follow the guidelines of this forum - which you love to use to your advantage.
    From
    Kent, UK
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:21 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2939

...except that it's insulting to blacks .... It's so transparent and insulting to the black community, I find it disgusting.
    The Wook
    Look, I'm going out on a limb and assuming you're not black. If I'm right then I really don't think you get to decide what is, or isn't, insulting. Neither do I, but what I've read suggests that the vast majority see the inclusion of Finn (and Poe and Rey) as positive in, what has been a largely white (and cis, hetero, male) universe.
    From
    Metro Detroit
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:28 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2940

Look, I'm going out on a limb and assuming you're not black. If I'm right then I really don't think you get to decide what is, or isn't, insulting. Neither do I, but what I've read suggests that the vast majority see the inclusion of Finn (and Poe and Rey) as positive in, what has been a largely white (and cis, hetero, male) universe.
    He says he once dated a black woman - so it's pretty clear that he has a clean grasp what is insulting to black people.
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:47 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2941

Wait, so the movie is racist AND pushing a liberal agenda? This is beyond ridiculous.
    From
    Hull
    Jan 18, 2016, 10:49 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2942

When I was in high school my best friend who never got taller than 5'6" when he was an adult, insisted as a 13 year old he could knock out any woman in the world, even champion boxers or wrestlers, even people with Olympic medals, simply because he strongly believed that women were not as strong as men, end of.

20 years later he ended up getting a sex change.

He is a she now, and has never been happier.
    Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2943

matty matt said: View Post
    Wait, so the movie is racist AND pushing a liberal agenda? This is beyond ridiculous.
    It can be two things!

No, in all seriousness, it's basically just a vehicle for various interested parties to express their own attitudes.

It's been a looooooong time, but I think the same kind of thing happened when the original films came out and people assumed "evil Empire" = "communism." No, no it doesn't. Also, you apparently completely missed the Nazi-esque uniforms of the Imperial officers, but, hey, whatevs.

The film isn't "pushing a liberal agenda" beyond generally being inclusive. To the extent that any such agenda exists, I promise you, it's far more about making the film more accessible to a broader audience, and selling merchandise.

Likewise, the film isn't racist. I'm not bothering to read the article that claims it is, because it's obvious clickbait bull****. I encourage people who can spot bull**** to do likewise and ignore such articles.
  19. I never said Batman!!! RPF Premium Member Bigdaddy's Avatar
    From
    Midwest USA
    Jan 18, 2016, 11:22 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2944

Yeah, I didn't bother, I can smell crap without looking at it.
  20. Valar Morghulis RPF Premium Member kristen jones's Avatar
    From
    Flint, MI.
    Jan 18, 2016, 11:28 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2945

The Mad Professor said: View Post
    Wow, a twig? You do realize that Daisy Ridley can deadlift 175 pounds with ease, right?

https://i.imgur.com/skXcISK.gif

She's been getting into fitness since the movie wrapped because she enjoys how she feels afterwards. I'm talking serious fitness regimens that includes lifting, not just yoga and pilates.

Now, while I would definitely give a size and training advantage to Adam, to say that he'd utterly steamroll Daisy is complete arrogance. Even a martial arts master will tell you that a fight can go either way when fighting any opponent.
    Go Daisy!
    From
    Metro Detroit
    Jan 18, 2016, 11:30 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2946

TFA did manage to cross the $1 billion mark internationally - this is the first time a Disney film has made that much and only the fifth film overall to have managed that.

Meanwhile in China, TFA held off competition and still holds the #1 spot and is expected to cross the $100 million very soon.

If you don't count Titanic's re-release as a 3D movie, Star Wars The Force Awakens is now the second best grossing movie of all time. TFA needs to take in another $300 million to completely overtake Titanic.

After today, TFA should be the #4 movie at the international box office when it overtakes Jurassic World. It will need another $105 million to get to #3's Furious 7.

Domestically, TFA has now sold 99,709,400 tickets - more than any other Star Wars films except the ANH (178,119,600). TFA is #12 for US ticket sales, ANH is #2, EB #13, RotJ #16, TPM #18, RotS #62 and AotC #90.

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-off...as-1201681819/
    http://deadline.com/2016/01/star-war...ce-1201684720/
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime...tm?adjust_yr=1
  22. RPF Premium Member Darth Lars's Avatar
    From
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Jan 18, 2016, 11:41 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2947

It won't be any of the characters you mentioned, but you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be Star Wars' first openly gay (3PO and Jar Jar don't count) in these next episodes.
    C-3PO and R2-D2 don't count? Haven't they been a couple for decades?
    I think that loosely implied homosexuality between droids is as far as Disney is willing to allow Lucasfilm to go.

Bigdaddy said: View Post
    Is anybody else sick and tired of the pro-blaster conservative agenda being forced on us in Star Wars? I mean guns and violence are everywhere in all 7 films! Obviously a conspiracy to glorify weapons in children's minds.
    If Star Wars tells us anything about weapons ... it is that dismemberment is more civilized.
  23. RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    From
    Sweden
    Jan 18, 2016, 11:51 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2948

Wolfsburg said: View Post
    You weren't spoiled?! Did you divorce yourself from the internet for a month? Lol!
    Yeah, I did stay away from this place (well as much as I could ) and the other websites I have visited have had almost no Star Wars content so I wasn't spoiled. I had no idea how much(or rather how little) screen time Luke was going to have. I didn't even know if Kylo Ren was supposed to be a bad guy or a dumb good guy using the wrong colored lightsaber

So my expectations weren't high and I came out thinking "this is in the top 3 of Star Wars films". Pretty sure I will go see it again, only this time on a regular screen in the good old regular 2D hehe

LOVED all of the Millennium Falcon scenes. Minus the "blink and you'll miss it" moment in the prequel trilogy I have never seen the Falcon on the big screen
    I didn't even exist when ROTJ premiered. Let alone see any of the first three on the big screen. So seeing a re-release of OT in the theaters is a must for me. Plz make it happen Disney/Fox!!!

Bigdaddy said: View Post
    I'm 6'3" 215lbs, and have been tossed by women smaller than me plenty of times. I've seen plenty of guys with the "weaker" sex mentality smacked, choked, arm-barred and pinned by women in class. I'm glad people can feel they are "superior" based on what's between their legs, the idea that a couch potato can take out somebody that obviously engages in daily physical training based on gender, well ...the giggle test indeed!
    6'7 and around 210 pounds, here and yeah, if they know how to, then basically almost any person of any size could "whoop" my ass or whatever.

Speed > strength

So how much money would you put on Daisy in the cage with Adam? Cuz I'd put everything I own on Adam. And I'd win.

The Wook

ps~I'd also bet there's not one women in your class you don't believe you could take out with one punch in a real fight--let alone a twig like Daisy.
    *womAn

JD said: View Post
    TFA did manage to cross the $1 billion mark internationally - this is the first time a Disney film has made that much and only the fifth film overall to have managed that.

Meanwhile in China, TFA held off competition and still holds the #1 spot and is expected to cross the $100 million very soon.

If you don't count Titanic's re-release as a 3D movie, Star Wars The Force Awakens is now the second best grossing movie of all time. TFA needs to take in another $300 million to completely overtake Titanic.

After today, TFA should be the #4 movie at the international box office when it overtakes Jurassic World. It will need another $105 million to get to #3's Furious 7.

Domestically, TFA has now sold 99,709,400 tickets - more than any other Star Wars films except the ANH (178,119,600). TFA is #12 for US ticket sales, ANH is #2, EB #13, RotJ #16, TPM #18, RotS #62 and AotC #90.

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-off...as-1201681819/
    http://deadline.com/2016/01/star-war...ce-1201684720/
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime...tm?adjust_yr=1
    Nice, GO TFA!
    A general question, how much are TFA IMAX tickets in the states?? Here in Sweden they cost 210 SEK, which is more than twice what a regular ticket costs. Yet it is almost sold out every night. Which is why I had to wait a month to see it... at midnight I did not enjoy leaving the extremely warm theater for the snowy -15C outside brrrrr.
  24. I never said Batman!!! RPF Premium Member Bigdaddy's Avatar
    From
    Midwest USA
    Jan 18, 2016, 11:53 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2949

25. RPF Premium Member The Mad Professor's Avatar
    From
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Jan 18, 2016, 11:57 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release) #2950

matty matt said: View Post

To quote an absolutely fantastic Genesis song that is just as apropos today as when it was first released 30 years ago in 1986:

Too many men, There's too many people
    Making too many problems
    And not much love to go round
    Can't you see this is a land of confusion?

Now this is the world we live in
    And these are the hands we're given
    Use them and let's start trying
    To make it a place worth fighting for.