Another Tomenosuke Ghost - Pics Fixed!

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys.

Like most I'm a big BR Blaster fan. Got a Coyle, a Sidkit, a Temeno (2014 Retail), and a Rick Ross. Been wanting to do this for a while now, finally got onto it this arvo. It all started with the discovery of this piece of art...

5u7TfHD.jpg
sEx1iqp.jpg

Like you I drooled over this masterpiece and figured the best way to get anything close was to order the Tomeno kit and give it a good polish...

NCk6MEb.jpg

Got the kit, but for the clear grips I hit up another master - Richard Coyle. We measured up the outer frames and quickly discovered Rich's clear grips wouldn't fit the Tomeno outer frame. However it looked like his outer frame could be adapted to the Tomeno kit, so Rich provided an outer frame with his clear grips. Big props (pun intended) to Rich for being so accommodating.

VP8FrF2.jpg

Wasn't exactly sure the best way to tackle the metal polishing, or even if the parts would hold their shine once polished. Some suggested chroming, others polishing then clear coating. The ghost versions I've seen have predominantly been done with sandpaper, starting out course, then getting finer. The beauty of the Tomeno is that it already has a pretty smooth finish. So I simply took to the parts with my Dremel and some Autosol cream. The results weren't too bad...

TM8SWlz.jpg

7pXc3aW.jpg

WWaelvj.jpg

JBRumNh.jpg

It's no Nobutaka Toku, but I'm happy with it so far.

Next up - prepping Rich's outer frame...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Another Tomenosuke Ghost (WIP)

I'm jealous. it's going to look fantastic! :thumbsup i want a ghost in the deepest way. but my attempts are not as fruitful thus far...

Can't wait to see the completed build.:)

Looking insanely good!

Highest regards
MARK

Thanks Mark, it's a bit time consuming, but nothing like having to sand it with a dozen grades of sandpaper! Lol

I'm jealous. it's going to look fantastic! :thumbsup i want a ghost in the deepest way. but my attempts are not as fruitful thus far...

Can't wait to see the completed build.:)

Thanks Sean. Hey I read your post last year about acquiring a BR blaster, what flavor did you go with in the end?

Thanks Sean. Hey I read your post last year about acquiring a BR blaster, what flavor did you go with in the end?

Well I have a few now. my first was an off world. then I modified that with rich's grip and real triggers and a DaveG barrel then I bought a full kit from rich. attempting to make that Into a Ghost. not easy. then I bought partal pieces from rich almost a whole kit that will be turned into gold blaster with dragon Inlays In the grips. also not easy.lol last but not least a Tomenosuke retail version asembled. that one as you can tell would make for a better Ghost.but just don't have the heart to take It apart..

Well I have a few now. my first was an off world. then I modified that with rich's grip and real triggers and a DaveG barrel then I bought a full kit from rich. attempting to make that Into a Ghost. not easy. then I bought partal pieces from rich almost a whole kit that will be turned into gold blaster with dragon Inlays In the grips. also not easy.lol last but not least a Tomenosuke retail version asembled. that one as you can tell would make for a better Ghost.but just don't have the heart to take It apart..

Ha ha, yes you were warned, once you start down this road... Lol! As you can see I'm a bit addicted myself and I didn't even like the movie! (Sorry everyone, I know that's fighting words around these here parts.)

Yeah, there's no way I'd pull the retail apart and strip it either. But that's what their kit is for, so no need to do so really. Of course now that I've seen the new limited edition, custom made "blued" version I'm asking myself how much I can sell one of my kidneys to get it!

So many flavors and everyone has their fav. My take on it is that they are all different for good reasons and I appreciate those differences (thus the ongoing collection). A Tomeno retail is amazing as a brand new, freshly issued blaster. Functions beautifully. Just like a real firearm. The Sidkit is rough and gritty. It's how the previous owner made it and I love it. The Rick Ross is pure artwork. Just amazing! Soon as I saw one in a random photo I knew I had to get one. Mine was built and finished by Rick himself which makes it even more special to me. The Tomeno kit is perfect for messing around with. And the Coyle... I left it to last coz it's my fav flavor... Rich has dedicated years of his life to this creation and it shows. What an amazing prop! Again mine was constructed by Rich himself. I wouldn't have it any other way. My love for this blaster is not just because it has been hand crafted by one of the greats, or because it is the most screen accurate blaster out there. I also love this blaster because it represents the time and dedication of a man, and in fact a community, and their diligence to the craft. [emoji4]

Great job! Looks amazing, so far!

Thanks mate. I've got the day off today so I'll be back into it after the gym! Priorities and all. [emoji6]

Very nice can't wait. But would like to see more of your collection

Thanks mate, yeah once this is done I'll post a BR collection thread with better pics. [emoji106]

Beautiful work on that gun (nothing replaces elbow grease;)) Eager to see it all finished...great collection btw!

Spent about 7 hours on the gun today, most of which was spent on the Coyle outer frame. Makes me glad I'm usually working with resin! The frame came pretty rough to start with...

crqkFyi.jpg

First pass was using the sanding head on my Dremel to take off the flashing, etc...

CenF8O4.jpg

Then the real fun began starting with 150 grit...

VXJBv2s.jpg

Then 240...

yVfJUrS.jpg

Then 800...

zdxs6fC.jpg

Then back to the Dremel and Autosol. Here she is compared to the Tomeno part...

MY4aR0i.jpg

Drilled all the holes. Then polished it again. Wasn't happy with the finish on the receiver so had another crack...

L7g8xWO.jpg

The grips needed a little tidy up too. Note the flashing at the bottom...

RVu8EI8.jpg

Once trimmed and drilled I test fitted them...

Kp4YLNp.jpg

So after a days work all these bits are ready to go...

aZUQli9.jpg

KvYljsz.jpg

Now the question is this, what the heck do I do with the barrel, frame and cylinder???

rhB0OXF.jpg

Painting them gloss black would be my preference, but the gloss would get scratched, especially on the cylinder? Any thoughts here? What are my options? All comments welcome.

Last edited:

Personally speakin I like the finish the Bulldog parts have as they are, so at a loss to suggest very much. Polished up Steyr parts and dark matte on the Bulldog is a pretty cool contrast to my eye, and those clear grips really compliment everything. Lovely finish on the parts you've worked over so far.

This is going to be a really handsome piece!

I would leave the frame matt black and blue the barrel.
Fantastic work sir.

Highest regards
MARK

I would leave the frame matt black and blue the barrel.
Fantastic work sir.

Highest regards
MARK

Thanks, I wasn't sure if the Tomeno kit barrel could be blued... what is the barrel made of? It's heavy like metal but feels like plastic. But then, I trimmed off a tiny piece of flashing and its metal underneath. Is it metal with a thin plastic coating?

Cheers.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if the Tomeno kit barrel could be blued... what is the barrel made of? It's heavy like metal but feels like plastic. But then, I trimmed off a tiny piece of flashing and its metal underneath. Is it metal with a thin plastic coating?

Cheers.

Interesting. I assumed it was just a very heavy plastic. I have the Toku-san version and it does have a blued effect to it. I can take photos and post them later, if you like.

EDIT

Actually, you can see it in my photo at the top of this thread. I believe this gun was made from the exact same kit that you have.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251457&highlight=tomenosuke

Interesting. I assumed it was just a very heavy plastic. I have the Toku-san version and it does have a blued effect to it. I can take photos and post them later, if you like.

EDIT

Actually, you can see it in my photo at the top of this thread. I believe this gun was made from the exact same kit that you have.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251457&highlight=tomenosuke

Yeah I thought it was some kind of plastic/metal blend, kinda like Matsuo does with his Pulse Rifle shrouds.

Hey I hope you didn't mind me using your photos at the top, I had those saved on my phone and forgot where I'd got them from. Sorry, I should have found their origin and asked permission. [emoji17]

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back