Another Tomenosuke Ghost - Pics Fixed!

Re: Another Tomenosuke Ghost (WIP)

BTW - typical bloke never bothered to flick through the manual till I assembled it and discovered these awesome pics of the screen used hero prop. How cool are these...

2vKSBul.jpg

is34jAA.jpg

Hope it's ok to post these. If not mods please feel free to remove. Don't wanna step on any toes. [emoji4]

Last edited:

i have be a fan of charcoal blueing and if i were going to duplicate it i would spray the parts black and when it dries I would spray it with candyblue, for that new out of the box look

BTW - typical bloke never bothered to flick through the manual till I assembled it and discovered these awesome pics of the screen used hero prop. How cool are these...

I think those are Karl's WorldCon photos. Public knowledge now, but huge news when it happened. Yes, it's OK to post them :)

-MJ

Well here she is in all her ghostly glory...

99XfTEw.jpg

eOx37Sk.jpg

8GTNfZy.jpg

xyiec3d.jpg

EtQTTQ4.jpg

uFTSgft.jpg

Oxo6x9H.jpg

9uEUf5j.jpg

hBj6KPe.jpg

RvvSYNo.jpg

uTKtZnc.jpg

jsjsPcz.jpg

rBcamQj.jpg

FU3zrlD.jpg

690yAGU.jpg

BA4VfsO.jpg

Turned out pretty good I think for the time given to it. Does the job for me that's for sure. And she looks good on the wall!

ziCECMj.jpg

Not a bad BR blaster collection - Tomeno Retail, Tomeno Ghost, Coyle, Sidkit and a Rick Ross. Merry Christmas to me!!! Lol.

Last edited:
Re: Another Tomenosuke Ghost - Completed!

Excellent work, she's a beauty!

Ive just finished assembling mine after stripping and re blueing. Now you have me thinking of re doing it as a Ghost!

Absolutely fantastic job ! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup hope i can finish mine some day. looks awesome with the others on display. totally cool.......

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. :)

Now the only question is what project to do next???

Jane Boo pistol (Coyle kit)

Es8IaZa.jpg

D9 Arc Gen (Wondersquid kit)

j8ki0Rm.jpg

Oblivion rifle (Wondersquid kit on airsoft)

HaVuWdk.jpg

Oblivion Pistol (Joatrash kit)

9Z9bWEn.jpg

Steampunk blaster

Qipn1by.jpg

Enders Game blaster

LlTL9hb.jpg

I'm leaning toward the Jane Boo.

Last edited:

Dude! you've got all the good toy's. i'm coming over and play in your sand box....:lol I would go for the oblivion rifle then the pistol. then you would have another display right there. but that's a tough call. there all awesome kits..:thumbsup

Love that arc rifle! But love the work you've done on this blaster even more! The polishing took this thing to a whole other level, almost mirror finish (put on a shirt when you take the photos next time...)

This is the most remarkable build, huge congrats mate.

Yes, as MikeJ said, the legendary Karl Tate shot a comprehensive portfolio of reference pictures when the blaster was first rediscovered at WorldCon. His file can be obtained at this top of this thread in PropSummit: http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=156

As you might know, Karl and his photo's were one of the main ingredients used by the Tomenosuke team to create their beautiful blasters and because of this, he is presented with a custom version of every blaster release Tomenosuke does...

Stunning, thanks for sharing...

Highest regards
MARK

Another Tomenosuke Ghost - Completed!

Dude! you've got all the good toy's. i'm coming over and play in your sand box....:lol I would go for the oblivion rifle then the pistol. then you would have another display right there. but that's a tough call. there all awesome kits..:thumbsup

Ha ha, thanks mate. And you're welcome to come play anytime! I'll show you around Middle Earth and take you surfing. Or snowboarding. Or bungy-jumping. Or jet boat riding. Or sailing. Or fishing. Or... the list is LONG!

I'm off for a week camping (Christmas in NZ is BBQ's, camping and sun-burn), so I'll get into a new project when I get back.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Love that arc rifle! But love the work you've done on this blaster even more! The polishing took this thing to a whole other level, almost mirror finish (put on a shirt when you take the photos next time...)

Thanks mate, it's definitely not perfect, but the overall look is quite stunning. I've been wanting to do a ghost for ages and I feel very blessed to have it in my collection.

BTW - It's like 28 degrees celsius here so I seldom wear a shirt around home. Besides, when you gym 6 days a week, eat like a bird and hit 8% body fat for summer, why wear a shirt?! Lol. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

This is the most remarkable build, huge congrats mate.

Yes, as MikeJ said, the legendary Karl Tate shot a comprehensive portfolio of reference pictures when the blaster was first rediscovered at WorldCon. His file can be obtained at this top of this thread in PropSummit: http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=156

As you might know, Karl and his photo's were one of the main ingredients used by the Tomenosuke team to create their beautiful blasters and because of this, he is presented with a custom version of every blaster release Tomenosuke does...

Stunning, thanks for sharing...

Highest regards
MARK

Again, thank you sir for your kind and encouraging words. You guys definitely play a huge factor in making these projects happen. Your advice, wisdom and encouragement is ALWAYS welcome.

Many thanks.

Ha ha, thanks mate. And you're welcome to come play anytime! I'll show you around Middle Earth and take you surfing. Or snowboarding. Or bunny-jumping. Or jet boat riding. Or sailing. Or fishing. Or... the list is LONG!

I'm off for a week camping (Christmas in NZ is BBQ's, camping and sun-burn), so I'll get into a new project when I get back.

Cheers.

hey man. hope you have a fantastic time. and will look forward to whatever projects you choose. have fun! :thumbsup

Great collection. The ghost is fantastic. I had no idea District 9 kits were floating around!

The upcoming builds look like a lot of fun. Look forward to seeing the build threads.

Another Tomenosuke Ghost - Completed!

Great collection. The ghost is fantastic. I had no idea District 9 kits were floating around!

The upcoming builds look like a lot of fun. Look forward to seeing the build threads.

Thanks. If you pop over to the Junkyard you'll find wondersquid selling the D9 kits. I'd get in on it while they are still available. [emoji106][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back