Another Tomenosuke Ghost - Pics Fixed!

Re: Another Tomenosuke Ghost (WIP)

Just my two cent's. I would spazstix chrome the parts..closet paint Iv'e found to chrome yet. but always searching..

Just my two cent's. I would spazstix chrome the parts..closet paint Iv'e found to chrome yet. but always searching..

Yeah I thought about making them silver or chrome... But then I kinda like the contrast too with some black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought about making them silver or chrome... But then I kinda like the contrast too with some black.

Hey. It's what you like that count's...:thumbsup

Yeah I thought it was some kind of plastic/metal blend, kinda like Matsuo does with his Pulse Rifle shrouds.

Hey I hope you didn't mind me using your photos at the top, I had those saved on my phone and forgot where I'd got them from. Sorry, I should have found their origin and asked permission. [emoji17]

No, that's not my ghost version that you posted. I just wanted you to see that they did some kind of blu-ing to the barrel of the version that I have. :)

Hey just a question, kinda related, as an American I have put alot of thought as of changing my citizenship to Australia, but with grandkids, the wife and gun control, I've come to the conclusion that it would be a nice place to visit. But are the gun laws more relaxed in the land of the long white cloud?

Hey just a question, kinda related, as an American I have put alot of thought as of changing my citizenship to Australia, but with grandkids, the wife and gun control, I've come to the conclusion that it would be a nice place to visit. But are the gun laws more relaxed in the land of the long white cloud?

Yeah definitely. I'd hate to live in Australia! Not because they aren't good blokes (we love the Aussies!), or because we just wasted them at World Cup Rugby (go the All Blacks!), but because their gun laws seem insane. From my understanding they can't import anything that even resembles a firearm, no matter what it's made of! I'm a big movie gun prop fan so I'd be stuffed! I certainly wouldn't be able to have this...

2XoDfXB.jpg

Here in Middle Earth we can import replicas easy as. Airsoft guns require a permit but they are easy enough to get. For actual firearms you need a license of course, but yeah, much more relaxed than Aussie in general. [emoji4][emoji106]

Last edited:

Yeah definitely. I'd hate to live in Australia! Not because they aren't good blokes (we love the Aussies!), or because we just wasted them at World Cup Rugby (go the All Blacks!), but because their gun laws seem insane. From my understanding they can't import anything that even resembles a firearm, no matter what it's made of! I'm a big movie gun prop fan so I'd be stuffed! I certainly wouldn't be able to have this...

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/...on/48E0D546-9F5C-4E9C-8D79-CF1D45004D64_3.jpg

Here in Middle Earth we can import replicas easy as. Airsoft guns require a permit but they are easy enough to get. For actual firearms you need a license of course, but yeah, much more relaxed than Aussie in general. [emoji4][emoji106]

Holy freaking smokes! my jaw and tongue just hit the ground. THAT'S A FRAKING AWESOME COLLECTION! any chance you would give details on them?

Another Tomenosuke Ghost (WIP)

Holy freaking smokes! my jaw and tongue just hit the ground. THAT'S A FRAKING AWESOME COLLECTION! any chance you would give details on them?

Thanks. Yeah I've been wanting to show off my collection for some time, but I keep thinking - I'll just finish this last project before I do... And well there never is a LAST project! Currently got a Wondersquid D9 arc gen kit and Oblivion rifle (airsoft version) to do. Oh and an Oblivion pistol... I'm hoping to have these done over the Christmas holidays so maybe in the new year.

Last edited:

Ok, well last night I had a crack at bluing the barrel. Was an interesting exercise to say the least. Took about 4 hours in total and not sure I quite got there.

I'd read VFX Freak's post on bluing which was awesome, although a little daunting. I just don't have the patience for a method like that! Lol.

My mate gave me some bluing solution so I thought I'd just give it a go following the instructions.

pSyeIJw.jpg

Starting out just sanding the barrel with 800 grit. Soon discovered that when wet it just scuffed the surface, but when dry it began to bring the silver out. First I thought I was standing through a top layer of plastic, but I realized this wasn't the case.

Applied the bluing...

WBmQNyi.jpg

Washed it off then buffed it with a plastic cleaning pad (didn't have steel wool)...

UjODUdT.jpg

Repeated this process about 7 times. The end result looked shinier but not really that blue. Until I put it up against my Tomeno Retail...

Nuykdsd.jpg

And in the daylight...

QnxkfvN.jpg

So yeah, it's blue. Or at least bluish. Lol. Enough to satisfy me though. So, onwards...

Last edited:

Nice work man. and your collection is over the top awesome. look forward to seeing the guns you will be working on. my oblivion pistol is one of my favorites. I should have got the rifle. but live and learn.

What is that one pistol to the right of the riddick knives? that's the only one I can't place...

Very awesome collection! :thumbsup

Nice work man. and your collection is over the top awesome. look forward to seeing the guns you will be working on. my oblivion pistol is one of my favorites. I should have got the rifle. but live and learn.

What is that one pistol to the right of the riddick knives? that's the only one I can't place...

Very awesome collection! :thumbsup

Thanks again. Loving the words of encouragement! Although my wife seems to think I need no encouragement at all... go figure! Lol.

The prop you speak of is a Matsucorp Riddick Slam Guard blaster. No moving parts, but huge and finished amazingly by Matt.

Last edited:

Very nice collection thank you for sharing

Thanks. Those pics are a little old now. Already made some big changes. Maverick got swapped out for Commander Cody...

4Cb6mQW.jpg

Tis the season and all. Lol.

Last edited:
Another Tomenosuke Ghost (WIP)

Busy few days. Not on the Tomeno Ghost, but other stuff...

Finishing touches on Mythos Style Obi Wan custom...

tJzYmkz.jpg

r2AQnO9.jpg

Mounted 1:1 Chappie standee to the wall behind my office door. He's layered cardboard but just fits...

phQyQLh.jpg

Worked on steampunk blaster display...

npDKJKB.jpg

AiRM4l7.jpg

uB18YcF.jpg

Tidied the workshop...

xlg7RbX.jpg

Bh9i2NT.jpg

Ready for tomorrow - assembly of the Ghost! Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Ok, everything ready...

6MjtOqL.jpg

Start with frame...

jIZ13nN.jpg

Inner grip frame, cylinder release switch and triggers added. Use the heavier spring for the rear trigger as it does all the work...

DLNKOEX.jpg

Steyr receiver assembled...

3PEAsCR.jpg

Added to frame...

IemrY2Q.jpg

Cylinder assembled...

Bfs4x51.jpg

Weaver knob added and mag housing...

g9NL3Ci.jpg

Rich's outer grip frame fitted...

BbGSoRx.jpg

Clear grips and butt plate fitted. No real dramas here, just a bit of re-drilling and filing...

O58h8xF.jpg

So that's pretty much it. Completed pics to follow.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back