The "Launch Bay" is open at Disney. E7 props everywhere!

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was just there earlier today. Props galore on display. Will try and grab some pics before I leave. Didn't have my camera on me.

Didn't one of our guys here on the RPF work on this?

-Rylo

EDIT: Just noticed this may be old news. Was just thinking out today. Cool place!

Last edited:
Are you going to be able to take requests for photos? I have seen tons of pictures of the Episode VII stuff but not much for the Star Wars Rebels props they created for this. I'm hoping to see more of Sabine's helmet and Ezra's lightsaber, and if you could take pictures of those it would be much appreciated!

Re: The "Launch Bay" is open at Disney. E7 props everywhere!

Machine screws:

20151214_163718.jpg

Can someone please get some conclusive close ups of the Graflex grip 'screws' please?

Last edited:
Re: The "Launch Bay" is open at Disney. E7 props everywhere!

The one on the left has a big taper and concentric rings. The one on the right is flat with text/markings.

Are those definitely hex or are they tamper-proof stars?

A mix of similar looking grip screws? Plus tri-wings? Now I know they really are screwing with us!

The closer I look at them I see the concentric rings on both now just not as clear. Doesn't help looking at a tiny phone screen...

The ban on flash photography is not helping us either!

(should add that my failing eyesight also doesn't help!)

The screws have been modified somewhat, whatever they are. Discussing them with Sidewinder and I think he's right saying they have been machined down and that's what the rings are (actually spiral rather than concentric).

The tops do look buzzed up close. Some cleaner than others... No real reason to do this but to remove indicia. I wondered for a moment if some were simply machined greeblies. (ornamental muffin tops)

Then again, I've got some really tiny hex screws that look very similar. Standing right on top of the prop, it was difficult to tell.

If I'd made that prop and knew how much it would be scrutinized, I'd of tortured everyone, too!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back