Cyclops Sunglasses - X-men Apocalypse

Just got these in the mail.
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/121623610043

Not bad for 6 bucks shipped!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456754941.969990.jpg

They look to just have an extra piece added to them that's gray. I'm sure that someone could easily 3D Print a perfect match, but I never saw anyone do that for the Juliets or Pennys so the chances are slim someone will : /

Yeah, these Apocalypse style sideblinders are pretty giant and weird.

Looks like just one big piece of plastic that snaps into place.

Honestly I can live without them. At least he Juliet/Penny style sideblinders looked cool. These definitely look awkward and almost medical, which I'm sure was a very conscious design choice for the character. Cyclops feels awkward about his power in this movie and his big clunky sunglasses express that well.

X-Men Apocalypse  Official Trailer [HD]  20th Century FOX - YouTube - Google Chrome 17032016 154.jpg

Attachments

• X-Men Apocalypse Official Trailer [HD] 20th Century FOX - YouTube - Google Chrome 17032016 154.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 270
That looks slightly big to be the sunglasses in the movie, or is that just the angle? Any updates on the sideblinders though? I think it's best if it was made as a one-piece cast that could either clip or slide into place? What do you guys think?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Here's a pair of the lenses I made here at the local lab, always loved this color. These were commissioned by a friend of mine for his Oakley's, I forget the model. Accurate to the prop lenses :D I've been thinking about buying the frame from this and getting a pair of the lenses done in celebration of the movie. Wish someone could make the side-blinders for them.

Attachments

• 10966539_10100462651085573_978360414_n.jpg
    10966539_10100462651085573_978360414_n.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 282
These frames seem like they'd be far easier to 3D Print the sideblinders than the Oakley's were. The lenses I had made weren't back as of last Friday so hopefully I can go pick them up tomorrow and post some pictures.

Alright, so I took a few pictures of the new lenses, with me wearing them and a couple on my phrenology head. Turned out great!

IMG_3260_zpsozbcr8tz.jpg

IMG_3285_zps2bg4hjkr.jpg

IMG_3278_zpsyab0skfm.jpg

IMG_3276_zps0nxgryws.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back