Kai Boba Fett Helmet - Variant Play Arts

Phillygene

Hello all. I've been bit of a lurker but trying not to be shy. I'm just getting into prop making, but have a background in vfx. I've been playing around with a 3d printer lately which geared me in a direction of props.

I ran into the Variant Play Arts figure that came out awhile back. Is such a great design I had to see that larger. I finished modeling and prepping for printing. Did a few small scale prints and testing out paint jobs. Full scale prints starting soon.

boba_kai.jpg
boba_fett_smallScale.jpg

Great modeling and test paint ups!! I like the middle one with that orange popping through. Looking forward to you progress.

The middle one was supposed to look like copper or brass. Not really the final paint job I'm going for, just playing around. For the final paint job I'm kinda feeling like a white look, replacing the original green. I'll probably do some concepts in 3d for the final look. Btw nice to see another local member, as I'm right next door in berkeley.

Damn that is Awsome.
The alignment looks great.
Those dark metal paint ups look so menacing.
Id go that route over a white paint job.
Robert

Great work! Love the idea of bringing the Square stuff to "life" - of course interested in the files as well, but no expectation ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daaaang! That helmet is dope!

Edit: I did not notice how old this thread is.:rolleyes Oh well, still cool anyways.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back