Bucky Barnes Captain America "Build" (or more like "Acquisition" )

kcail1

I'm a passionate Winter Child (fan of Winter Soldier). I'm looking for like minded folks who want to get his NEW "I'm Captain America's Best Buddy EVER" look for Civil War.

So far, its all men's clothes that are fairly standard (as in not many mods to the original) that I can see.

We have Bucky in Street Clothes:
Grey t-shirt, Red/wine 4 button henley, grey ball cap (all cotton) it looks, blue jeans, olive/grey canvas coat, black gloves, black boots.

But then he's kicking butt with Cap:
A modified black jacket, black tactical pants, no knee pads (although I've seen them in the trailer) and black boots? Am I missing something? Is it "that easy" compared to his Winter Soldier getup?

Feeback welcome.
kcail1

Bucky Civil War Suit.jpg

Plain Clothes Bucky.jpg

I have two, I love the one I currently use and it's the best out there, by my kenning. :D I've my eye on commissioning the CW jacket, and it's looked to me that the pants and boots may potentially be the same as for WS - or at least they definitely seem more than similar enough, just to look at 'em in the quickest and most fleeting of glimpses as we have so far. :) Probably nix the harness and the stylized belt for CW which may also help simple it up, at least somewhat....hey, even the tiniest degree easier is still something, right? :D

I have two, I love the one I currently use and it's the best out there, by my kenning. :D I've my eye on commissioning the CW jacket, and it's looked to me that the pants and boots may potentially be the same as for WS - or at least they definitely seem more than similar enough, just to look at 'em in the quickest and most fleeting of glimpses as we have so far. :) Probably nix the harness and the stylized belt for CW which may also help simple it up, at least somewhat....hey, even the tiniest degree easier is still something, right? :D

Looks to me for the "Battle" outfit that the pants are lacking the knee pads... or sometimes you see them in stills and sometimes not. The Jacket for WS looks so much more complicated with the harness/straps, so not sure if its just easier to get a mens jacket and modify it somewhat (lose the left sleeve, add some pockets.)

The boots look pretty much the same as WS too. I just find it so ... odd... that he's not armed to the hilt like in Winter Soldier, but in the trailer he does so much hand to hand, so not a huge surprise, I guess.

kcail1

Looks to me for the "Battle" outfit that the pants are lacking the knee pads... or sometimes you see them in stills and sometimes not. The Jacket for WS looks so much more complicated with the harness/straps, so not sure if its just easier to get a mens jacket and modify it somewhat (lose the left sleeve, add some pockets.)

The boots look pretty much the same as WS too. I just find it so ... odd... that he's not armed to the hilt like in Winter Soldier, but in the trailer he does so much hand to hand, so not a huge surprise, I guess.

kcail1

Well, you know, it could indeed be that when we see him in CW, he isn't necessarily in a place where he wants to handle weapons or where he's overly comfortable with it....he's focussing so much on trying to regain his memories, foggy but nonetheless present as they are, and of course he's clearly been on the run for quite some time, to that end, with seemingly nigh-well everyone in the world trying to hunt him down - so it could well be that arming himself to teeth is pretty much the last thing on his mind, considering.... When I saw it pointed out somewhere that it's possible he's just not comfortable bristling with weapons like that, like he used to when he was the Winter Soldier and given how HYDRA armed him accordingly - like mayhaps it'd feel too reminiscent, for him - I felt like I could well see that being the case.... *ponders intensely accordingly*

Well, you know, it could indeed be that when we see him in CW, he isn't necessarily in a place where he wants to handle weapons or where he's overly comfortable with it....he's focussing so much on trying to regain his memories, foggy but nonetheless present as they are, and of course he's clearly been on the run for quite some time, to that end, with seemingly nigh-well everyone in the world trying to hunt him down - so it could well be that arming himself to teeth is pretty much the last thing on his mind, considering.... When I saw it pointed out somewhere that it's possible he's just not comfortable bristling with weapons like that, like he used to when he was the Winter Soldier and given how HYDRA armed him accordingly - like mayhaps it'd feel too reminiscent, for him - I felt like I could well see that being the case.... *ponders intensely accordingly*

Yes... I agree. Even in all the close ups he's hand to hand mostly (trailer). That'd be nice actually. I get a little tired of being frisked at cons. And scaring little kids.

kcail

Yes... I agree. Even in all the close ups he's hand to hand mostly (trailer). That'd be nice actually. I get a little tired of being frisked at cons. And scaring little kids.

kcail

LOL! I've actually experienced that I seem to scare and intimidate adults more than anything else....it's the kids who seem to beeline right up to me wanting to hug me, which of course just melts my poor cryo-frozen brainwashed supersoldier heart like nothing else, and just goes to show how the wee ones do fundamentally get it when it comes to Bucky's character and his journey - what he's been put through, but how at the end of it he's still very much only a victim of such circumstance and NEVER the villain....they feel it, they just know and they respond accordingly, and to me that's a total delight. :) (as are those occasions when a kid sees me and comes running up to me yelling my name, yelling "Bucky Bucky BUCKY!!", and then promptly tries to grab me 'round the legs in a hug....sweetest thing, really! Though that one occasion when a kid punched me in the leg and then ran away because he thought I was the bad guy, heh, his parents apologized but I was too busy doubling over in a fit of laughter to really coherently respond....and so was everyone else around me, LOL!)

Still, weapons-wise, that's why I've gone with the weaponry I have for him - it gets through the big cons just fine, so I figure if my armaments can make it there then they can make it anywhere, heh....excepting of course anime cons, it tends to seem like, but then, they can be rather taxing....even utterly confounding. :) It's been fun sometimes, I will admit, heading over to weapon/prop check and getting first the M4 peace-tied in a nice easily-hidden place....then the side knives....then the back two....then the Sig and the Skorpion....I just keep turning around and around and it's hard to say who's getting more of a giggle out of it, me or the guy doing the peace bonding or anyone else watching. ;)

LOL! I've actually experienced that I seem to scare and intimidate adults more than anything else....it's the kids who seem to beeline right up to me wanting to hug me, which of course just melts my poor cryo-frozen brainwashed supersoldier heart like nothing else, and just goes to show how the wee ones do fundamentally get it when it comes to Bucky's character and his journey - what he's been put through, but how at the end of it he's still very much only a victim of such circumstance and NEVER the villain....they feel it, they just know and they respond accordingly, and to me that's a total delight. :) (as are those occasions when a kid sees me and comes running up to me yelling my name, yelling "Bucky Bucky BUCKY!!", and then promptly tries to grab me 'round the legs in a hug....sweetest thing, really! Though that one occasion when a kid punched me in the leg and then ran away because he thought I was the bad guy, heh, his parents apologized but I was too busy doubling over in a fit of laughter to really coherently respond....and so was everyone else around me, LOL!)

Still, weapons-wise, that's why I've gone with the weaponry I have for him - it gets through the big cons just fine, so I figure if my armaments can make it there then they can make it anywhere, heh....excepting of course anime cons, it tends to seem like, but then, they can be rather taxing....even utterly confounding. :) It's been fun sometimes, I will admit, heading over to weapon/prop check and getting first the M4 peace-tied in a nice easily-hidden place....then the side knives....then the back two....then the Sig and the Skorpion....I just keep turning around and around and it's hard to say who's getting more of a giggle out of it, me or the guy doing the peace bonding or anyone else watching. ;)

Wow.... what cons are you going to!? I was in Lexington KY last year as Bucky and Disney On Ice was happening simultaneously. Lots of very worried looking princesses! But mostly I get thumbs up... now I'll say that I am not entirely "screen accurate" so I'm missing some of his pistols and knives, but I'm armed well. Wizard World made a few comments on my costume this year (which I admit was fun). OF COURSE Bucky is Not A Villain. However I think a few of the thumbs up I get are because the adults think Bucky is a badass. Not the longest suffering POW ever.

kcail1

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, I can never remember the etiquette around that.

I've found multiple sites claiming to sell the civilian jacket, but they all show the same picture from above, and none show the actual jacket for sale. They also include these slightly contradictory bullet points:

Specifications:

• 100% Cotton Fabric
  • Viscose lining
  • Front Zip Closure
  • Four Outside Pockets and Two Inside Pockets
  • 100% Screen Accurate
  • Jacket without Hoodie
Has anyone purchased the cotton jacket in the civilian picture above in the screencap?

Last edited by a moderator:
The outermost jacket and the brown hoodie are completely separate layers, and flow/move/hang differently - especially visible when poor Bucky's having to fight and run for his life and he's in full desperate flight. :) I made my score of a find for both, second-hand or thrift shops being probably the most surprisingly viable way to go about it in my experience....

I noticed that too that Stan must have been lighter (?) or thinner for CA:WS vs CA:CW, unless he's just like most of us, despite having personal trainers and dietitians and just getting older. He is much "bulkier" even without the coat on in CA:CW. I'm looking now for a black vest to fit his 'new' look and I'm sorely disappointed he's not armed to the teeth.

kcail1

I noticed that too that Stan must have been lighter (?) or thinner for CA:WS vs CA:CW, unless he's just like most of us, despite having personal trainers and dietitians and just getting older. He is much "bulkier" even without the coat on in CA:CW. I'm looking now for a black vest to fit his 'new' look and I'm sorely disappointed he's not armed to the teeth.

kcail1

Seb was a lot thinner for TWS, and he's admitted in interviews that he bulked up way too much for CW. Nothing to do with age, he's not that old ;)

Good luck with your build! :D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back