Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix)

I'm up to Episode 6 now, so about halfway through, and I have to say it's a LOT better this season. Still not quite where it needs to be, but it's getting there.

Danny is a lot less annoying, because he seems less wide-eyed and fish-out-of-water-esque. He is, however, still the least interesting part of the show, but again, I think that's the writing and how they use him. I think Finn Jones is entirely capable of playing him well, but they need to refocus the writing and have Danny's character grow in the course of the show. He also clearly had more time to prepare for fighting, because the fight scenes look WAY better this season.

The supporting cast is mostly great, with the possible exception of the guy playing Davos (still can't square his Manchester accent with his upbringing. Did they watch a lot of Premier League games in K'un-Lun or something?). I find him to be kind of one-note, although digging into his backstory is interesting. I wish we could see more of the actor himself playing the role a little differently, though.

Loving the Typhoid Mary plotline. I find it really interesting and want to learn more about what her deal is (in the show, I mean).

Just finished watching the series. LOVED Typhoid Mary. I think it was better than the 1st run through. Fun little series to watch IMO.

Just finished watching the season last night.

HOLY CRAP that was FANTASTIC. So, so, so much better than what we saw in Season 1, and better than the Defenders.

I'm now at a point where I am hoping Danny and Ward get their own show, and Colleen and Misty get their own.

Also, without spoilers, this show is poised to finally really dive into the batspit crazy stuff that it's always had the potential for. I'm REALLY looking forward to Season 3. And maybe Season 1 of Daughters of the Dragon.

I finished it last night also

A massive improvement on the previous season,....Luke Cage season 2 was also a great improvement to the first,.....so hopefully if there's another go with the Defenders, it will be better also

J

According to Disney, "Iron Fist will not return for a 3rd season on Netflix". However they also said "The Immortal Iron Fist will live on" so maybe on Disney streaming service?

According to Disney, "Iron Fist will not return for a 3rd season on Netflix". However they also said "The Immortal Iron Fist will live on" so maybe on Disney streaming service?

I think what that means is he will be a recurring character in future seasons of the Defenders and possibly a series regular on Luke Cage or Daredevil.

I never thought I'd be bummed to hear this news, but after season 2 I honestly am. The ending had me really excited to see what was next, but that story will be much harder to tell having to intertwine it into the other series' like Defenders. I'd really like to see them combine Luke Cage and Iron Fist into a Heroes for Hire show.

Last edited:
This season wrapped really strong so I'm pretty bummed about the cancellation news. However, with it looking increasingly likely that I'll need to get the disney streaming service, maybe it will find a new home there. TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if all these shows slowly moved that way.

the fact that it seems to be Disney making the announcement is weird to me. That's what makes me think it winds up at the disney service. The contract might have had the weakest clauses as far as netflix control goes.

I have not watched the second season of Iron Fist, but we did power through the second season of Luke Cage this weekend. The episode where Danny came in to help Luke out was fantastic, and frankly, I'd be okay with them rejigging the shows. Give us a Daughters of the Dragon show with Colleen, Misty, and Jessica and a Power Man and Iron Fist show with those two, and have them cross over from time to time. Whether on Netflix or Disney's new service, THAT would be fantastic, I think.

We are about three quarters into Season 1. I kind of like the show, but dang it, is it really necessary to show such explicit violence on TV?! Does the story really need over the top vilence?!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back