A novices Deagostini Falcon

Well, I've ordered one.

Do you think the arms could be flipped, then use spacer tubes around the bolts to dictate the level?

Assuming the step up at the bolt locations doesn't get in the way of anything.

Well, I've ordered one.

Do you think the arms could be flipped, then use spacer tubes around the bolts to dictate the level?

Assuming the step up at the bolt locations doesn't get in the way of anything.

They can definitely be flipped. Mine actually are and plastic spacers are something else I've been looking at. I actually thought I had some unused ones from a flat screen mount but can't find them anywhere.

My mount arrived.

In playing around with it, I got it as low as it's going to go.

One thing I did was to totally dismantle the center hub and flipped the inner brackets.

This allowed the bolt heads to be on the top side.

Now, to make some spacers and see how the interior pedestals work out.

P1010202_zpsj7a8rvnx.jpg

Thanks, again, for the great find.

For me (please forgive another intrusion in your thread, craig), the arm closest in my photo (looking from the front of the model) interferes with one of the mounting pegs for the hold base.

Also, the step up at the end comes up a bit high and hits the hold base.

P1010204_zps3nhvv20j.jpg

My thoughts: the peg could probably be removed and another support added elsewhere (if needed). For the step up, I thought (maybe) a section could be cut from the hold base the step could go up into IF the step could still fit under the floor.

Another way is to fab (not by me, lol) a one-piece, flat arm with a notch in the side for the peg, replacing just that one arm, or all four.

So, more to plan, but I'm sure it's going to be possible.

What have been your findings, craig?

EDIT: The base only needs to go a tiny bit further (red lines). Notching the base enough to go down should still keep the step and the bolt under the floor. The spacer is 0.50".

P1010208_zps0hcwk0mp.jpg

Here is the stock arm with the notch cut out of it and final outcome.

P1010209_zpsefsjfvdm.jpgP1010210_zps5xw5krbp.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome thanks Rahn, I knew it must be able to work ! There was no way I was going to not include my hold after all the work I've put into it.

Now it's possible to have the best of everything !!

One additional question. Does your bracket have a clamping mechanism like this ? I notice this particular one only has 2 long legs. The other two are too short actually. Must be a different version ??

41f26+HBUpL.jpg

Last edited:
That is the one, I just rearranged the parts a little.

It comes with two handled set screws and two allen head set screws.

It comes with four full length arms and two shorts ones. The length is adjustable.

To put the mount through the window, two are at the outer extreme, and two are at the inner extreme. It just barely works.

I did the same.
I've had some flat arms cut the same length and just need to get them drilled, waiting on the engineer at work to pillar drill them. Hopefully my hold should then sit above them.

Been working on the mandibles

Also got my new arms fitted to my projector mount and they fit great internally under the hold.

Should be joining the top and bottom hulls in the next few days so time for a dry fit and light test.
Was concerned that they may give problems as it's my first time lighting a model let alone adding lights.
Working ok, a buzzing from the EL transformer that is apparently normal. Gonna try to deaden that somehow.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back