Samurai Jack is back in March 2017

Re: Samurai Jack is back in 2016

This is one of the few new cartoons my dad got into, though it's not going to be the same without Mako voicing the badguy.

That's awesome news. I hope they conclude the story this time and not leave it hanging.

I heard about this a few days back and am terribly excited for this. Being on Adult Swim now, I hope they can cut some of the fat that was so prevalent in the original series and go to the places that they couldn't before (being on primetime and all) without having it all be robots or phantoms. If this is an honest and earnest attempt, and not some Flash crap, I'm really eager to see if its success will resurrect the other Tartakovsky show that was taken off the air too soon, Sym-Bionic Titan.

(From the inimitable Scott Wills' Blog)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    912.8 KB · Views: 345

Looks like he's not too far away in that pic from being his future self from episode 32 - the bearded crowned warrior.

It takes place 50 years after season four ends? Hopefully the 10 episodes span that many years and not just jump to old Jack straightaway. I still feel the show needs to redeem itself after how the last few episodes of season four panned out.:p

Can. Not. Be. More. Excited.

Almost all of the original crew is back on this and they're doing it their way. I'm already all over that pre-order for the physical copy of the show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well they didn't make 2016, but I see they are showing the old series on Adult Swim tonight. Must be getting ready.

i reemember liking the first season. forgetting about it soon after.

I think this was around the time the golden age of cartoon network ended, where even dexters lab and johnny bravo descended into unwatchable.

maybe they learned their lesson after 15 years. but you can't do it without the voice of aku...

Well they didn't make 2016, but I see they are showing the old series on Adult Swim tonight. Must be getting ready.

I'm hoping for this, too. It would be something if the series re-run ended and the final series starts immediately after.

i reemember liking the first season. forgetting about it soon after.

...maybe they learned their lesson after 15 years. but you can't do it without the voice of aku...

What a pity because the first season is the weakest season they had and it was only due to them using that time to find their voice and style. The series hits its peak at Season 3 and has, what I think, the greatest number of "A" episodes than any other season.

Mako may have passed but the show must go on. And for something as well regarded and influential as this show has become in the last 15 years it's been off-air, it has ​to.

Oh, hell yeah! Honestly, can't tell you how thrilled I am about this. To see it return and ante-up on the drama has me giddy like a school girl.

This show was one of last great influences on me and really was instrumental in developing the look and visual style that I'm actually apt at and actually can manage. I was really hoping to keep this quiet but I've been trying to get a short film going and I've been doing some concept thumbs in hopes of building up some interest in it in future. Anyway, you can definitely see the influence of Scott Wills' artwork in it.

Camp1.jpg

I never figured out why Adult Swim canceled this show but keeps making garbage live action shows. Then again they do it all the time. My dad was a huge fan of the show so i should mention it to him.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back