Mythos style custom Obi Wan - Pics Fixed!

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys, not sure if it's the done thing to show off custom 1/6 figures here, so feel free to move if not appropriate.

Always been a fan of the Mythos Obi Wan statue, but pretty out there price wise, so got inspired to make my own.

The goal...

sBest3J.jpg

hn2SMxQ.jpg

K9AtywK.jpg

Picked up a sideshow Windu and Jinn figures pretty cheap. Using the Jinn suit and the Windu pants, boots and cloak. Got a few dragon WWII bits and pieces to throw in the mix and a $20 modern day 12" sniper figure from the Warehouse (NZ's version of Walmart)...

d7rfAu5.jpg

PTR06R0.jpg

ovIvi74.jpg

First soaked the suit in tea and frayed the edges...

Q6HNki6.jpg

wmQ2n08.jpg

The cloak was fun, I really didn't like the dry, fluffy look so I covered it in hair gel...

sxYsRD6.jpg

fiYnbC6.jpg

I liked the wet look but when the gel dried it went back to fluffy. So I took to it with hair wax, a rather time consuming task. The final look was epic! Makes it look more like leather than cloth...

3JDfB4q.jpg

46IoYf5.jpg

The bonus was when I hung it up to dry it held its shape because of all the gel...

t0lFvJ8.jpg

pNxZtKb.jpg

I was stoked about this but of course it wasn't the shape I wanted, so I re-wet it and re-shaped it...

ix8UpPb.jpg

mcbeXSW.jpg

XEuFHjn.jpg

Onto the weapons. Took to the sniper rifle with a dremel to get the shape. Added a WWII scope and painted it...

n9zwHDc.jpg

ZrJwnVr.jpg

3FYTSq8.jpg

SbrsT04.jpg

For the Tusken spears I used aircraft missiles and wheels...

Bsib9V3.jpg

i82WWsQ.jpg

Cvy3iMw.jpg

NBAyjSD.jpg

VC6Ccd2.jpg

Rope and grappling hook...

gneFbea.jpg

hNwtZkj.jpg

The water making machine is kitbashed from the 3" moisture farmer figure accessories...

zTa8v0A.jpg

More to come...

Last edited:
Re: Mythos style custom Obi Wan (pic heavy)

Tmax, brilliant concept and this is the perfect place to showcase , subscribed looking forward to updates.

Mythos style custom Obi Wan (pic heavy)

The armor was dremeled from a cheap Vader 12" toy, again from the Warehouse...

xHVPFQs.jpg

arA64Nl.jpg

2FUEwwk.jpg

vf6bOzq.jpg

bFaH6Eh.jpg

QLHOqxc.jpg

GoCmZGs.jpg

While all this is going on I had a collector friend make me up a backpack. He does AMAZING customs himself and was the one who inspired me to do this build.

voJsDCs.jpg

0dNFStj.jpg

kVhiCHN.jpg

The Sideshow body was pretty terrible and I couldn't angle the left elbow enough for him to grab his pack strap. So I used the body from the cheap sniper figure which incredibly was way better with much more articulation!

k23Ivla.jpg

Obi head off Ebay, a dam good sculpt. Gave the hair a dark wash...

CPD5Dzl.jpg

GT0b8jV.jpg

The base is drain pipe end caps glued together, painted and then covered in car filler, which was then coated in PVA glue and then sand from my local beach was added. Came out a bit dark so I lightened the sand with a wash...

fBHYoHj.jpg

6UqpbBM.jpg

SNfkm0j.jpg

qZxXahK.jpg

84Bnjxi.jpg

Unfortunately this stand didn't work too well as it was too small. Easy fix, make a bigger one...

GCxLA5C.jpg

TTVJVyC.jpg

sfHEj4F.jpg

XlX6nFz.jpg

WAJ85GM.jpg

uVfTH0v.jpg

Boots had wraps added then weathered...

EaVvR4g.jpg

84Bnjxi.jpg

Goggles are actually from the Hot Toys Falcon figure. Added a wash to them...

J6SxvlG.jpg

Gloves off eBay, cool leather look, but too light so applied a dark wash and chopped off the fingers of course. The hands I had couldn't fit the gloves so I used the hands off my Art Figures Dredd, which are amazing! The detail is unreal but best of all they are flexible! Meant I could not only get them into the gloves, but I could pose them just like the Mythos...

XDBXVE3.jpg

S92HzbO.jpg

remZU3R.jpg

y6PwKNP.jpg

qKyiQcd.jpg

UmSxVo3.jpg

Backpack coming together

B2BYfNF.jpg

LFZruHJ.jpg

QWLFSo5.jpg

niHFI2j.jpg

OKm3Sxw.jpg

UitXN9O.jpg

Not bad next to the original statue

PKLTYSi.jpg

Last edited:

And here he is all done...

VO92wOV.jpg

JfBcrz2.jpg

MC2QOvz.jpg

p0hgJQt.jpg

lMlcVnO.jpg

ZNhJWqw.jpg

4LohNfR.jpg

xFc3eWQ.jpg

2HOGTKO.jpg

W3rhQtW.jpg

0UlgOYD.jpg

1AfqC2W.jpg

QQ7IZDf.jpg

eCD7Cym.jpg

He was a fun build and all-in-all I'm pretty stoked with the outcome. Especially as he came in under $200NZD (approx $135USD).

mpigd8J.jpg

Cheers guys.

Last edited:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments and kind words. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! That is an absolutely amazing custom. Love the Alec head. I just can't stop looking at it, lol.

That's an awesome build and conversion, came out really well.

Fantastic! Not only do I love how it looks, but I love the fact that you where able to make something that you really wanted but was otherwise unobtainable. Great job!

Chris

Just an update with full size pics. Nothing worse than having to click on each pic to see it properly. Who has the time?! Lol.

Great work! That waxed cloak looks fantastic. I can see why you like the original statue - it really tells a story, as does your version.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back