Discovery Museum NYC Star Wars Exhibit--Blaster Prop Question

kitbasher

I visited the Star Wars Costume exhibit a week or so ago in NYC, and it appeared to me they incorrectly labeled Han's ROJ blaster as "Luke's ESB pistol" (words to that effect). I'm not the top expert on the props, but do know the differences. The gun in the case had the silver muzzle, but with "blocky" details rather than the knurled ridges seen on both Luke and Han's ESB blaster muzzle. The scope and mount weren't right either. To me, it looked like Han's ROJ weapon. Did anyone else happen to notice this?
Unfortunately, I did not take a photo because I was too focused on checking out the rest of the exhibit.

A few days later, I decided to email the museum about the discrepancy. To their credit--and my surprise--they replied back and said they'd check with LFL and the Smithsonian. About a week later, I received another reply, saying that LFL and the Smithsonian said the prop was correctly labeled.

Obviously I have nothing to gain by pushing the matter--it's their exhibit-- but I would like to be vindicated in my observation as a matter of geek pride.

Going from memory I thought there was a difference in the muzzle of both. The Luke was rounded where the barrel meets the suppressor whereas the Solo was a flat chamfer.

Here's the blaster at the Times Sq Exhibit.
DL 44.jpg

Oh nice! I don't think this blaster has been displayed before. And it was previously labelled as ESB - are these official Archives photos?

Looks like they have restored the paint a little!
008.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back