My Kylo Ren lightsaber mod...

Slapper

So I've been fortunate enough to have my costume being made for me, the whole kit and kaboodle, as there's next to bugger all down under for this costume so had to go offshore. Anyway, that's a story for another time.

I managed to get the Ultimate FX KR saber down here which was also rare as rocking horse poop and then I started to see what could be done with it. As a member of the 501st Legion I've been fortunate enough to see a lot of interest in this costume by my US garrison members and a couple in particular had modded their sabers by using christmas icicles and hot glue! Of course they had you say.

However, I had one particular set of pics flung in my general direction via Facebook and proceeded to source fluoroscent bulb covers, ie the sleeve in which fluorescent bulbs are transported. The originator had coated the sleeve in hot glue, not the actual saber as I'd previously seen, and I thought this was a far better option. So I proceeded to do the same with the results below.

Cut to fit.
Hot glue points of contact.
Hot glue all over the sleeve.
Spray paint red and leave to dry.
Fit back OVER the saber.
Behold the glowy goodness.

Pics below.

Found out the sleeve wasn't as long as I'd hoped which is okay because I bought 4 sleeves. Cut a little bit more off yesterday and added that to the top and tried to get it all firey hot ouch burney looking. Would like your thoughts.

Oh, and there's video filed under SOW which equates to Stupid Old Woman lol.

Part 1 - https://youtu.be/KjdqNnu1k0Y
Part 2 - https://youtu.be/ck9SgXX0HLg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back