Kylo Ren Black Series Helmet Mod

That's awesome... Did you use something fancy to cut the aluminum? I've thought of re-building the mouth piece myself, but wasn't sure what to do it out of. That looks great, but my tools are minimal.

Thanks for the compliments.

I just score with a razor blade (I use a nicer box cutter) and then bend at the seams till they split. I slowly work the pieces back and forth till they give. For straight lines I might speed things up with some scissors and I use pliers where I can to keep things from warping as I split the seams. Flatten unwanted warping with whatever I have laying around that's flat or cylindrical that can smash, slide or roll over the warp. Deburr with metal files and finish with sandpaper.

Honestly aluminum is very forgiving and you can get some really clean lines, much cleaner that you could with sintra, styrene and the like.

I just score with a razor blade (I use a nicer box cutter) and then bend at the seams till they split. I slowly work the pieces back and forth till they give. For straight lines I might speed things up with some scissors and I use pliers where I can to keep things from warping as I split the seams. Flatten unwanted warping with whatever I have laying around that's flat or cylindrical that can smash, slide or roll over the warp. Deburr with metal files and finish with sandpaper.

Honestly aluminum is very forgiving and you can get some really clean lines, much cleaner that you could with sintra, styrene and the like.

Talk about commitment! Dayum man! I can't wait to see the finished piece.

How thick is the aluminum you're using?

Looking to grab the BS and Disney to send to a friend of mine for next year's Comic-Con. He's going to try to mod himself. Anyway, I noticed today that the Kylo BS is down to $49 on Amazon, atm. :thumbsup

On a different note, for his mod, he is going to try to reproduce this part and wants to use either weather stripping or rubber strips.
2016-12-26_1633.png
Has anyone found a good solution for this apart from just adapting the Disney? He is going to mod his helmet without any heating and bending.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back