Kylo Ren Black Series Helmet Mod

Good grief, the BS helmet is small. Glad I didn't buy one.

I still think the size of the production helmets lies somewhere between these helmets. Closer to the Rubies, though.

Hi folks, got the pics of the 2 helmets to compare:

[url]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc112/Rick_1138/Mobile%20Uploads/74BBFCF9-3FB3-44B2-A2F7-23F343D87C31.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc112/Rick_1138/Mobile%20Uploads/93E752C0-E6F0-4158-834A-87A6B67BD48C.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc112/Rick_1138/Mobile%20Uploads/DA2F430E-CC1D-4825-B690-4F0BBECA37A6.jpg[/URL]

The much requested, helmet in a helmet pic :D

Wow! Vastly different scaling. Makes me think twice about trying to get the black series... I'm torn.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I can only speak for myself but my BS is still roomy on me and to think it could fit inside the other would be way too big

BS helmet fits me fine, i am a 5' 7" grown man, and theres still room in the helmet, i can wear my glasses in the helmet no i have removed the nose bridge piece.

Also the BS helmet has the adjustable headstrap that isnt needed if you want to mod to use foam etc.

The rubies helmet is almost comically big.

This is me with the BS helmet and a home made hood\cowl.

Thanks for posting the comparison.Its hard to say whats the perfect size.When the Rubies has the size of a Original Vaderhelmet everybody will look like a "Bobblehead" when he is not wearing the Shoulder and chestarmor.And because Kylo Ren has no armor I would say the Rubies is to big.Adam Driver is a big guy..but he is not a bodybuilder with extreme wide shoulders.
Did we know the size of the Anovos?This helmet is from the Originalmolds...so we could compare.

Last edited:
Did we know the size of the Anovos?This helmet is from the Originalmolds...so we could compare.

The Anovos helmet is absolutely not from the original molds.

It originates from 3D scans and files, yes, but has absolutely no direct lineage to the film helmet. They say this themselves in their product page. If you compare the two you'll see quite a lot of Anovos details are just plain wrong.

Really?Could you show that wrong areas?

I am on my phone so I don't have comparison pictures, but you can easily pull some up yourself.

You'll notice the Anovos is missing many scratches and dents, particularly visible in the faceplate area. It also has a completely different texture to the helmet, due to different finishing techniques.

Anovos 3D scanned a helmet, printed it, and did the finishing work to make the prototype. That's why there are differences. If a mold was made off the original the helmet they would line up exactly.... Why didn't they just mold it? I don't know!

Willing to mod for others?

Is this meant for me? If so yes, for the right price. PM me if you're interested.

Also I havent seen any reference to the screen used helm apart from whats shown in the trailers and from celebration and from what I can see the anvovos is really close. The main differentiator for me are the battle damage. Does anyone have any reference pics of the screen used hero helm? If I ever decide to do a V# of this I would like to use those as reference insttead of the anovos.

I think the scale of the rubies is so big in proportion to the Black Series that it makes the black series seem so small in comparison. I think its a really good size maybe a hair bigger would be perfect, by hair I mean a baby's hair!

I think the scale of the rubies is so big in proportion to the Black Series that it makes the black series seem so small in comparison. I think its a really good size maybe a hair bigger would be perfect, by hair I mean a baby's hair!

After seen the movie I would say that the Black Series is a lot closer to the screenused one as the Rubies.The helmet looks not really big on screen.
Its also revealed that the frontpanel at the mouthsection is moveable to open the helmet.

Yeah I agree after seeing the movie I think the black series is a lot closer in size than any other commercially available helmet. Maybe until the anovos comes out. I was also super glad that the front is removable and actually swivels up when his helmet opens.

I'm already thinking about doing another mod to make the front swivel up.

As happy as I was that the Rubie's fit my giant ham-head, after viewing the movie, I can see how much more accurately sized the BS is. *sigh... Going to have to save my duckets and pick one up after all.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back