DeAgostini Millennium Falcon by dtssyst

Falcon has not been touched... yet ;)
When I do, you all will be the first to know.

My personal X-Wing build has made some progress.

Every thing that I have learned on the other SS x-wings I have done is now being applied to this build.

One of the things I have done is drilled a 1/8 hole into the wing and then inserted a 1/8 rod. This is to help prevent the wings from sagging. It was not an easy task and some 'mistakes' happened along the way. Nothing a little putty could not fix.

I have also corrected the orientation of a few detail parts to be just like the filming model (Red 5). This was also not an easy task.

OQnUm61.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Muhahahahahaha.Yes.LOL

I can ask the admin if they would consider re-instating you if you like

It is ok. I can wait the year ban. :)

Last edited:
20170612_171239.jpg

We had a great vacation this year.

Chincoteague and Assateague Island (June 10-18, 2017).
We love going here!

My mom dog sat for us last year. This allowed Kristine and I to camp in a tent at Maddox (now KOA).

As you know, my mom passed away this last February so our vacation plans for this year changed. This year we stayed at an Inn on Chincoteague Island (Virginia). We took our dogs along. Yup, dogs. We adopted (rescued) another border collie a month or so ago :). Dogs are not allowed on Assateague Island. We did not want the dogs in the heat while we went out to play. This is why we got a room this year (air conditioning).

20170612_171239.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news!

Kristine and I just spoke and we are both in agreement that I am to go all out on this build. :D

I just ordered a shapeways part. Just a few more parts to go that I want to get. Then this project can be back on the bench.

Good, now get back to work on the Falcon:). Im about 70% finished with the lower hull paint with some help! Gonna take a break for a week and come back with a fresh set of eyes. Couple things here and there and a little diluted splatter. But I cant see the 'mistakes' until after a small break. One thing I had to do was repaint some panels because I am hand mixing colors and they came out a little to light or dark. But the Airbrushing is done, drybrushing is mostly done. Needs some hand weathering, a little more rust and one or two more airbrushed panel lines.

The thing I learned the hard way on my 29" Falcon is to not over do one painting technique (I airbrushed the hell out of that thing). Cant wait to see yours as its in for one heck of a paint job.

Falcon Progress...
A few days ago I was able to order another 'upgrade' part from Shapeways. Just a few more parts that we hope to order in the next few weeks. Once in hand, I will resume this build. I like posting photos of my builds but what I really want to do is make videos. So here is hoping that I can do a bit of both.

My YouTube channel is up. Very little content at the moment but hopefully I will get more and more added as time goes on.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCosVjkwtoBpNeH4bl09IK7Q

No progress on any other model kits.
Since my mom's passing in Feb of this year, we have been cleaning/organizing our home. Trying to get back to how we were. We had a yard sale to help clear out some stuff in addition to donations at places like Women in Crisis.
We are also wanting to move to Chincoteague Island. This cleaning/organizing will also hopefully help with making that easier. We are done with with this cleaning/organizing task (for now) and that means I can get back to my hobbies.

Kristine is doing great.

Her cancer markers are still steady (not going down and more importantly, not going up).

It is done...
The remaining 3D printed parts are on order.
I did not order everything that I would like as Kristine put forth a challenge. For me to try and fix some of the parts that are included with the kit. Worst case is that I mess up badly and then must order those 3D parts.

Some progress has been made on my studio scale x-wing. The ss x-wing is my utmost priority now as I want to finish it before resuming the falcon. I have corrected a lot and cleaned up a lot on the x-wing. The wings/engines are almost 100% done. Three more 'guns' to build and then attach to the wings. Once that is all finished, the hull/cockpit/droid are next. A lot of parts are not only glued but screws have and will also be used to hold parts in place. I have been back and forth on using the cockpit created by Gus or studio scale cockpit. I think that I have decided to go studio scale cockpit for this replica.

Side note: I ordered some Floquil paint (should be here soon). Light Blue to be more exact.

That is all for now. If interested, I will post some photos of the 3D printed parts once they arrive.

I just wanted to show some progress on my personal build studio scale x-wing (V4). Engines are all wired up and ready to go. A lot of cleanup was done to get to this point with a lot more to go before this part of the build is ready. I took a lot more time than usual as I wanted to do better on this kit than any other I have built to date. I even drilled 1/8" holes and inserted 1/8" rods into the wings to prevent any sagging. This was not easy and I had many mistakes. All corrected of course. As with all previous SS x-wing builds that I have done... Floquil paints are in the standby.
T2jsLUx.jpg

hello. I'm new to the board. I am building my falcon and have lost the five screws that come with stage seven. Would you by chance happen to know their size? They screw the bed to the deck.
any info. is greatly appreciated

Hello me again,
The Millennium Falcon, King George V part, it have a small triangle on it.
How is the correct Position for it?
Triangle up or down?
Thanks.

Sorry, I do not know. Hopefully someone else can assist.

hello. I'm new to the board. I am building my falcon and have lost the five screws that come with stage seven. Would you by chance happen to know their size? They screw the bed to the deck.
any info. is greatly appreciated

From the photos I have and for what can be seen. Down and the small triangle removed.

Hello me again,
The Millennium Falcon, King George V part, it have a small triangle on it.
How is the correct Position for it?
Triangle up or down?
Thanks.

Kristine is doing great so that is fantastic.

A lot going on here so not much has been done on any kit. First and foremost is that this is the time to spend with family and friends. Another example, paying off our home and getting the title for it.

We want to move, so we are thinning our collection (eBay). This means less stuff that we would have to move and it also helps us pay for other things. Some things we are or have sold: studio scale y-wing resin kit, statues, premium format statues, etc. Model kits such as those we purchased in and for this Falcon thread will be posted soon (please do not PM me about this as it is not the intent of this post).

On the bench is our SS X-Wing. The laser canons are glued and screwed to the wings and some more putty work has been done. That is all since our last update. We also want to finish our RC Star Destroyer as it has been sitting in the corner begging to be finished. We want them both finished as we do not want to loose any parts/pieces if/when we do move.

In light of all the above... We just subscribed to Eaglemoss Build the Back to the Future Delorean this week!

So, for now, the falcon is packed away. We are still following all builds and aftermarket parts that are of great interest. As we get and receive the BTTF Delorean, it will also be packed away.

If I do not post anything in the coming weeks we would both like to say...
We wish all of you a great holiday season.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back