DeAgostini Millennium Falcon by dtssyst

Good news Guys! Looks like Deag is coming through for us.

Dear members of this forum,

After receiving feedback from the manufacturer and experts, we have come to the conclusion that most (not all) of the parts highlighted as missing, are indeed omissions from the original prop. As such, we will be replacing them in due course, although as they will need to be designed and manufactured, the specifics of how they will be dispatched have yet to be clarified. In the coming weeks we hope to have a bit more clarity.
Of the parts highlighted in the original post relating to this topic, we will be providing all parts with the exception of the ‘KGV’ ones highlighted in the final image, which have been deemed by the consultant to be inconclusive as to whether they were part of the original prop. It seems there may have been pieces there but they were never included on the Master Replicas version and as such, there is no accurate reference to model the parts on. Further information on when the parts will be ready will be forthcoming in the near future.
We hope that the replacements of these parts will be welcome news to all subscribers, and we appreciate your patience in having waited for a response.
Regards,
DeAgostini Admin

Based on the continual failure to Deagostini to even maintain proper and timely stock in the shipping dept., they bill like an insurance company and then ship when it is convenient or when they finally get around to confirming production quantities. The number of subscriptions grow each month and they wait to the very last minute to confirm production quantities, thus delaying shipping.

I hope you guys find it in your hearts to continue with the casting project on the missing parts, most of us don't want to wait six months for Deagostini to follow through with their "agreement" to produce the missing parts in a supplemental issue.

Put me on the list to purchase if you decide to make castings available, if anything price them so you can recover your "investment" in all the donor kits.

Thanks for all your dedicated efforts.

Supercoolin

BREAKING NEWS !!!

This is very important to all following.

If we cast anything...
Any and all cast parts will only be for myself and dlbsyst.

We will provide the previously released photos and kit id's for all very soon. This is so all can obtain the kits that they want for the 'missing parts'.
OR
Shapeways or elsewhere as example.

No further information will be provided.

We now continue with the regular scheduled broadcast.

ok, that's kinda sad :-/ but thank you in advance for your research and the info you will provide for us!

if i may ask, did something happen or is it just too much folks asking for parts?

G'day dtssyst , truely sorry to hear that . Correct me if I'm wrong , but I'm guessing it's a copyright sorta thing right ? . Anyhoo , thanks for the kit info you've gathered regarding the missing parts . It's just a shame they weren't provided ( ' Most Accurate , 1-1 Fully Scanned Replica of Studio Model to date ! ' ) , in an appropriate fashion . Guess we'll just have to wait for however long , it takes Deagostini to supply the missing pieces . Not holding my breath though , they didn't come up with landing gear panels ' for deployed legs ' as stated by them awhile back . Good luck on your build , and more importantly , glad to hear your wife's health is improving . ✌

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to try and make this as clear as I can.
Please know that I am not trying to offend anyone, upset anyone or the like.

We are not making or selling any copies of any parts.
This not only pertains to the De Agostini Falcon (as per this thread discussion) but for anything of any subject matter.

If anyone request cast parts from us, either within this thread, other forums, email or by private message, those request will be deleted and or ignored.
If anyone ask why in any form as to why we will not make and or sell cast parts will also be ignored.

This thread will, from this point on, not speak of anything other than our De Agostini Millennium Falcon build and maybe other information relating to my family's health, hobbies and or interest.

We sincerely thank you all for the support that you have provided in both our hobbies and life in general.

Last edited:
A "liar". About what? What is it pertaining to? I have not seen anything to make me think that. I'm assuming it's not about producing parts. Why would a moderator care? How about a "thank you" for identifying and outlining all the parts for them?

Last edited:
Good news Guys! Looks like Deag is coming through for us.

Dear members of this forum,

After receiving feedback from the manufacturer and experts, we have come to the conclusion that most (not all) of the parts highlighted as missing, are indeed omissions from the original prop. As such, we will be replacing them in due course, although as they will need to be designed and manufactured, the specifics of how they will be dispatched have yet to be clarified. In the coming weeks we hope to have a bit more clarity.
Of the parts highlighted in the original post relating to this topic, we will be providing all parts with the exception of the ‘KGV’ ones highlighted in the final image, which have been deemed by the consultant to be inconclusive as to whether they were part of the original prop. It seems there may have been pieces there but they were never included on the Master Replicas version and as such, there is no accurate reference to model the parts on. Further information on when the parts will be ready will be forthcoming in the near future.
We hope that the replacements of these parts will be welcome news to all subscribers, and we appreciate your patience in having waited for a response.
Regards,
DeAgostini Admin

This is great they are at least addressing it. I have had nothing but a perfect subscription with them as far as customer service. I get billed around the 25th and I have it in hand by the 2nd . I have had 2 instances where it was missing a piece and it was from the shipping handers breaking the bag and a part falling out and they have sent me full issue #'s , not just the missing part. Hopefully something else comes out Star Wars because I could care less about R2D2 at that price.

Have to disagree about the KGV parts, there’s nothing ‘inconclusive’ about those, and the MR falcon is not relevant to the discussion in any way. I do however think a line needs to be drawn somewhere, there’s heaps of missing parts on the DeAgostini falcon, they really can’t be expected to provide them all.

Have to disagree about the KGV parts, there’s nothing ‘inconclusive’ about those, and the MR falcon is not relevant to the discussion in any way. I do however think a line needs to be drawn somewhere, there’s heaps of missing parts on the DeAgostini falcon, they really can’t be expected to provide them all.

Are you serious? This model was presented and sold as an exact replica of the studio model as seen in "The Empire Strikes Back". There absolutely should be no missing parts.

Some of the missing parts wouldn't even fit on this model unfortunately, there are several parts that go on the inner "shelves" created by the sidewall depth-which is way too shallow on the deago model, by about half of what it should be, so there wouldn't even be a place to put them without them hanging out over the edge:( it's the one major misstep of this kit.

I get why people are upset. While some of the parts are painted with minimal weathering it looks nothing like what they are showing on the main page. When I first started to look into this I was thinking that the model they show is what mine should look like when it was finished without anything other than me just putting together. Looking at the link I do not see anything where it says I have to do more painting to it but building models for a very long time I knew I would have to add some details to it. The add is very misleading and then if I remember correctly, the pictured falcon was a steve dysmo master replicas falcon. There is a second link talking about missing parts. From what I have heard and know , the fact that Steve Dysmo is involved in this process may be the problem. I have never heard anything good about this guy and there is a thread on here talking about a custom build he was doing.

http://www.model-space.com/us/build-millennium-falcon.html

http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon....rovide-missing-parts-in-special-issue/page/4/

Trying really hard to remain calm right now....No I've lost my grip...Just caught myself contemplating scratch building all the edge hull plates:wacko
You're spot Ktaylor we've only got about 8mm to play with, 3 pieces will be too large two from the M3A2 & one from the P34.What to do????

has anybody received the wall mount bracket yet ? if so , does it come with month 25 or shipped separate ?

Last edited:
Some of the missing parts wouldn't even fit on this model unfortunately, there are several parts that go on the inner "shelves" created by the sidewall depth-which is way too shallow on the deago model, by about half of what it should be, so there wouldn't even be a place to put them without them hanging out over the edge:( it's the one major misstep of this kit.

I thought I remember you talking on your thread about trimming the pegs on the back of the side walls so that they will sit flush on the metal frame. I did this also and it gives another 1/8 inch to play with as far as the sidewall depth.

About the missing Pieces on the Falcon...
I understand you Guys, no one will pissed of Mickey Mouse.

I think a Person S.D. is made whey we are here...
And the same Person is now paid from DeAgo (my opinion), to find (if he not already nows) the missing pieces to end the disaster.

And this Thread can be help him out to his job easly.
This pissed me off...
I find, you shouldn't say "offen" wich kit it is it and wich number the pieces has.
Yes of course i will now it and will have primary the original pieces from the original kits.
But im happy with any good quality stuff, thats not so expensive...

We in Germany are on the halftime with the building.
Before the building is at the end,
DeAgostini has much time to erase some mistakes.
But i'm "ready with my build ("official"). I buy the most on ebay and the rest by Deagostini Uk shop. The sevice was awesome,
my agent was Sam he/she was very gently and very helpful!
In 5days i get my parcel to my home @ Germany.
Thanks Sam. (If you ever read this).
So i will have the pieces now, even i must buy all the stuff by myself.

Greetings,
Kuat.

Last edited:
Hey Mike, Yeah I was going to do that and It would certainly help, but it's not enough IMO, plus the supplied parts for the sidewalls is pretty thick. So what I'm going to do is just scratch build/bash all the sidewall details, I'll use sheet styrene to back it and then plant on all the kit parts, that is about a far back as I can figure out to make it without doing major surgery to the armature which I don't want to do.

If you look at this piece without any sidewalls, just butted up against the armature its about .25" too shallow. once you get their side walls on forget about it.

See what you all think, make sure I'm looking at the correct P43 1/20 part, but I'm 99% sure that is correct unless there is a smaller kit out there, which seems unlikely since they use this kit EVERYWHERE on the model.

SidewallDepth.jpg

Here is where you end up BTW even if you trim those pegs off the back of the sidewalls and mount them flush ( it also shows how these parts aren't laid out properly on the supplied pieces : \ )

sidewallDepth01.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back