DeAgostini Millennium Falcon by dtssyst

Update to first post.

Please know:
At this time no promises are made to have these missing detail parts being available outside of our self and dlbsyst.

It has taken a lot of time, research and expenses to acquire the kits needed/wanted for DeAgostini's error and or omission. We currently feel that we have obtained the kits we want (see first post) for said missing details/parts. Yes, there are more details missing. Could we get them all? Yes. Is it a smart thing to do? Probably not due to cost and time involved.

With that in mind, we are not seeking all the kits needed for the missing details/parts. Some parts will probably be scratch build or we will improvise another kit part that is an extremely close match to the original missing detail/part.

Thanks for viewing and stay tuned... there is more to come!

Last edited:
Just to throw more fuel onto the fire here is an image of the port side mandible with another missing part from Hasegawa's 1/72 Morser Karl

Missing_LeftMandible.jpg

And while we're at it this thread is mighty useful as well

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=40158

Dean

Thank you Junk Pilot.

UPDATE 12/27/16: this part is not missing. Move along, move along, this is not a part we are looking for.

Last edited:
Speaking of adding fuel to the fire...
I know of at least eight more parts that are missing just for the side walls. I have my eye on two model kits for a few of these missing parts. I'm very tempted to buy them. :)

We really want to start getting the aftermarket stuff from Shapeways and Paragrafix. So... that is it. No more model kit purchases to have the missing parts (unless something major rears its ugly head). We will be scratch building the other missing parts or we just will not have them on our replica.

Last edited:
In case you were wondering...

It cost us a total of $343.64 US dollars to obtain the kits that have the missing details/parts that are shown in the first post. We were able to get some of these kits at a fantastic price while others were higher than we expected. This is due to availability, rarity and so on.

Please note: This is not all of the kits needed for the parts that DeAgostini 'forgot' to include. As of this time, they have not responded on if they are going to correct this 'error' or not.

This was a huge out of pocket for us. The price paid is more than all of the Shapeway parts that we want to order for our Falcon build.

A few of the kits mentioned in the first post are arriving today and tomorrow. We are hopeful to have them all in hand by end of next week.

Last edited:
That is good to hear and thank you for the work you guys have done in outlining the missing parts. All I can say it's a shame how Deagostini is treating this whole thing. It now appears that they are even sensoring the thread I started on their forum about this issue and erasing people's posts. Lame!

Great News!

Just waiting for the following two kits to arrive...
Tamiya 1/20 P34 Kit Number 2001
Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Lang

All other kits are in hand.
The Morser Karl and Agano arrived today. I felt like a kid opening them as they are brand new kits. The boxes even look new.

The Tamiya 1/35 German 20mm Flakvierling 38 Anti-Aircraft Gun and 1/35 Panzer Kampfwagen III Ausf. M/N are also in the house. Not for missing parts but for other reasons (falcon related for the 20mm Flakvierling). ;-)

Does the single barrel version flak 38 play a part in the SS model or is it just the quad?

-z

All those kits to use one, maybe two parts each.

I got the B-29 kit when this 'missing parts' stuff all started, but now it's gotten out of hand.

Unless 'someone' (hmmm... no one, in particular) puts together a cast 'set', I'll be having to develop them scratchin' skills.

What are the Saturn V's used for? I happen to have one of those kits in my stash, already.

Yes it does but not as much as the Flak38 Ah52.

Does the single barrel version flak 38 play a part in the SS model or is it just the quad?

-z

With the Saturn V the main part used is the cover for the capsule which is used in the centre of the radar dish but be careful. The Airfix Saturn V was retooled in the mid/late 2000's so you need the original tooling. The changes made by the retooling means the Command Module is now wider and more accurate to the real Saturn V whereas the original was thinner.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back