My lightsabers & blasters thread (Compac Super Scope)

Re: My on going lightsabers & blasters thread (ANH DL-44 Build Pt 9 Vid)

I'll try that. I thought about using washers, but was afraid it would look weird.

Throw a few shims of small washers or aluminum tape under the nuts to adjust the point they tighten down to, and you can get them realigned.

I made a video on how to, but it might have been done after you started?

Or do it on the underside between the spacers and the cross bar... so you don't see the separation.

I finished this up last night and snapped a few pics. Didn't have time to edit the video yet.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

excellent work! how did you get that dulled look on your parts and the smooth bull barrel?

This is the next project on my workbench and I'm thinking of using some blueing solution

It's a Todd's Costume kit. The flash hider had a very dark blueing on it that I stripped off with vinegar and then re-blued it. The entire Mauser was stripped of paint, filed, and sanded to get rid of the pitting and then blued. On the lower of the Mauser I lightly misted on flat black spray paint, once it dried I used fine steel wool to make the blueing show through in spots (corners, rub points).

excellent work! how did you get that dulled look on your parts and the smooth bull barrel?

This is the next project on my workbench and I'm thinking of using some blueing solution

I bought an MG-81.

Blog post:

Video:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back