My lightsabers & blasters thread (Compac Super Scope)

Re: My on going lightsabers and blasters thread (Obi wan grenade restoration video Pt

Awesome, glad to hear you enjoyed it. That windvane will not move so I'm hoping the acid bath will free it up, I think it will.

I had a SUPER dirty windvane... it wasn't rust, cuz the windvane doesn't rust... but lodged tight with crap.

I just left it in apple cider vinegar a while... took everything off.

It also changed the color, but I was able to buff it back.... though I left a lot of patina on it.

19440472633_660793b36f_c.jpg

19905894589_2b93328d3f_c.jpg

Finished!

19905893889_8d422c56b9_c.jpg

This was an Edraven neck and windvane as well...

Re: My on going lightsabers and blasters thread (Obi wan grenade restoration video Pt

I had a SUPER dirty windvane... it wasn't rust, cuz the windvane doesn't rust... but lodged tight with crap.

I just left it in apple cider vinegar a while... took everything off.

It also changed the color, but I was able to buff it back.... though I left a lot of patina on it.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/1/551/19440472633_660793b36f_c.jpg

https://c6.staticflickr.com/1/360/19905894589_2b93328d3f_c.jpg

Finished!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/1/406/19905893889_8d422c56b9_c.jpg

This was an Edraven neck and windvane as well...

Awesome, those pics help. Looks like there is a pin in the neck that holds that center pin from coming out. My windvane is stuck over the top of it. Thanks man!

Awesome, glad to hear you enjoyed it. That windvane will not move so I'm hoping the acid bath will free it up, I think it will.

The windvane ring won't come off? That's odd... I thought that it did... I managed to loosen the safety pin that was holding the bottom brass ring in place and I thought that that allowed me to unscrew the ring... though I could be mistaken....

Nice work on removing that top plate!

The windvane ring won't come off? That's odd... I thought that it did... I managed to loosen the safety pin that was holding the bottom brass ring in place and I thought that that allowed me to unscrew the ring... though I could be mistaken....

Nice work on removing that top plate!

I'll try it again, I didn't put much pressure on it because I didn't want it to break.

I'll try it again, I didn't put much pressure on it because I didn't want it to break.

Come to think of it... I think you're right... if I recall now there was some gunk that was overlapping the propeller ring and the stem that was holding everything together....

Here is part 3. It's coming along nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ha... while watching you with the wrench I wanted to scream "WATCH OUT FOR THE PIN!!!"

the little pin that keeps the windvane from rolling all the way down. I somehow knocked off one a while back. Still haunts me.

Ha... while watching you with the wrench I wanted to scream "WATCH OUT FOR THE PIN!!!"

the little pin that keeps the windvane from rolling all the way down. I somehow knocked off one a while back. Still haunts me.

Yeah, I was worried about it too. That sucks you knocked one out. Were you able to put it back?

Yeah, I was worried about it too. That sucks you knocked one out. Were you able to put it back?

Nope... it was lost!

But Edraven had a windvane in worse shape than yours and I got that neck, swapped it out (you can see it's gone in this pic)

19471617503_6fab2282d6_c.jpg

So I then had a completely different neck, with original windvane, on original grenade pineapple...

Then I traded that complete set for another of Edraven's Grenades, but swapped out the windvane *slightly more accurate*

All because of a little pin snapping off while trying to get the neck off.

Nice work! I have one more stem in my pile of stuff where I can't remove the detonator... I might just have to try your trick!

Keep it going... I can't wait to see if the electrolysis works on the frag body!

I have been getting deliveries and been too busy to post about them. First off I finally got my hands on the correct Bandai Panzer kit for my Jedi Training Remote, so I can finally move forward on that. It came with a couple other kits that I didn't need. Next is the big delivery, I got parts from Boba Debt for three ESB DL-44's!!!! I'm doing two Han Hoth and one Luke Bespin. I know you're probably thinking why two Han Hoth, well after I ordered the Han Hoth parts, I came into all of the "real" parts for that DL-44, minus the ones that don't have a known real part. So I've decided to do an idealized Han Hoth and an accurate prop build.

Not to worry I'm still working on the grenade and have a big update on that coming as soon as I can find time to edit the video.

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

And a glory shot of all my flash hiders :)
IMG_3523.jpg

Re: My on going lightsabers and blasters thread (ESB DL-44 parts delivery + JTR kit)

can you confirm, is the antenna on that panther tank white and one, long stick?

May have relevance to another part of star wars :)

Re: My on going lightsabers and blasters thread (ESB DL-44 parts delivery + JTR kit)

I can confirm that it's not. There isn't an actual part in the kit that is the antenna, it says to make one out of a sprue. Here are the instructions for doing that. I check both tanks for an antenna, neither have one. Also, none of the kit parts are white, they are grayish/beige in color.

IMG_3524.JPG

May i ask for what build you bought the PAK and the PzKpfW IV?

Thanks, i was just wondering as i couldn´t remind for what build they might be needed.

Grenade Restoration pt 4 is here. This one is setting up the electrolysis bucket, but not the electrolysis process. I will have part 5 uploaded as soon as I can edit it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My on going lightsabers and blasters thread (Grenade Restoration Pt 4)

Not shining you on... this is my fave thing on this site in a while.

Looking forward to part 5... and when done, LOTS of high res pics of the finished restoration!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back