British Made Captain America Shield

Currahee12

Hello All, first time poster here

I wanted to show my latest acquisition. It is an aluminum spun 26 in Captain America shield obtained through the Replica shield guru. You can get them painted and assembled or put it together yourself. I went with the finished version, but I put on my own straps. I have learned alot from the RPF and hope to be able to put together one of these on my own. Sadly I do not have the resources, such as a workshop, to pull it off yet. I was very impressed with the shield and the attention to detail. It weighs a hefty 4.5 kilos. What do you all think?

Thanks!
Currahhee12, Madrid, Spain

Attachments

• IMG_20151121_114023.jpg
    IMG_20151121_114023.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20151121_113908.jpg
    IMG_20151121_113908.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 242
Thanks creative stress. I've just ordered a govt property plate in steel to add to the center from BROTHERFOSTER.
I think it will add a nice finishing touch.

Hello all
I just wanted to share what I have been doing shield wise in the past months. My first shield was a British northeastmetalpinners, purchased through replica shield guru with a 26 inch diameter, the one featured in the first post. I took it to have it clear coated and they did a botched job. Bottom line, I stripped it down to the bare aluminum and painted it myself. It was a daunting task, as I had never done anything like this before. I learned alot and the results were passable. This is it here: It is posing next to a 24 inch blank aluminum. More on that in a sec.
Shields.jpgIMG_20160411_190049.jpg

I really learned alot from all the good and knowledgeable folks here on the painting process. Anyway, I decided to ask the people at Northeast metal spinners if they could make me one with a 24 inch diameter, as opposed to the 26 inch standard that I already have. I think they are also making them now in 25 inches. They were happy to oblige. A few weeks later a got the blank shield with brackets and a detached star. I got to work on it . I was so grateful for the info I found on here to help me along the way. I gave the back a matte clear coat and the front several coats of car gloss. For the handles, I used two heavy leather belts. The Brotherfosters ID plaque totally rocks. I also clipped some small bolts and affixed them to the points of the star. I know this is not exactly SA, but I like the effect and they can always be taken off.

IMG_20160509_172637.jpgIMG_20160509_172537.jpgjj

In between both of these, I also purchased of of those cattoys ABS shields. I got it cheap and was quite impressed by it. I really liked the smaller 24 inch diameter, which is what led me to purchase my second aluminum shield in that size. I have plans to customise that one, probably this summer. Here it is on the right, along with 26 inch and 24 inch on the left.
3 shields5.JPG

That is the story so far. Many thanks to Kevin and Arnold and all of the people here who made me realize that it could be done. I know the end results are not spectacular, but this leaves them open to future srtipping down, and getting dirty again, which is great.
Cheers!

Last edited:
I have an aluminum spun shield similar to this. I recently had a bracket/handle fall off that the maker had glued on. What do you suggest I use to reaffixed the bracket to the shield? I cleaned off the residue of the last bonding agent but not sure what to use to make a strong hold???

"Everyone Needs A Hero"

Hello All, first time poster here

I wanted to show my latest acquisition. It is an aluminum spun 26 in Captain America shield obtained through the Replica shield guru. You can get them painted and assembled or put it together yourself. I went with the finished version, but I put on my own straps. I have learned alot from the RPF and hope to be able to put together one of these on my own. Sadly I do not have the resources, such as a workshop, to pull it off yet. I was very impressed with the shield and the attention to detail. It weighs a hefty 4.5 kilos. What do you all think?

Thanks!
Currahhee12, Madrid, Spain

Do you or anyone on here have a contact email or phone number for the replica-shield guru as their website is currently down.

Many thanks

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back