Is Disney Making the same mistake as Lucas?

I think this one movie a year will tire people out quicker than you think, even to SW. And, honestly, good.
Star Wars is pretty overrated to me. A decent series of 3 movies originally aimed at children; it never should've gone beyond that.

I can think of so many other things that need further elaboration than more of Star Wars.

I think they need to show some restraint with star wars. A car make paid (overpaid) to make a Rogue one Nissan Rogue? I can't imagine enough of those sold at a premium to pay the license fee. @#$%ing lipstick and nail polish, and not the stickers people put over nails, but the color. Darth Vader Black type stuff. Really???

In that regard, they've gone way overboard.

In general though, seems like if there's an animated movie, it gets toys and clothes. Hell, it's nearly everything PG. Prometheus got stuff in the toy aisle as well IIRC. Marvel movie? Gotta devote an aisle's worth of toys to it. Ditto Pixar - and that's be whether or not it was owned by disney. Happens for dreamworks and happened for BvS too.

I think they need to show some restraint with star wars. A car make paid (overpaid) to make a Rogue one Nissan Rogue? I can't imagine enough of those sold at a premium to pay the license fee. @#$%ing lipstick and nail polish, and not the stickers people put over nails, but the color. Darth Vader Black type stuff. Really???

In that regard, they've gone way overboard.

In general though, seems like if there's an animated movie, it gets toys and clothes. Hell, it's nearly everything PG. Prometheus got stuff in the toy aisle as well IIRC. Marvel movie? Gotta devote an aisle's worth of toys to it. Ditto Pixar - and that's be whether or not it was owned by disney. Happens for dreamworks and happened for BvS too.

The Nissan Rogue One was not even the first. Let us not forget the Dodge muscle car run.....
http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/dodge-star-wars-themed-muscle-cars-article-1.2465328

Over marketing leads to the dark side.

Don't forget the magic that first teleported you far away and long ago.
Now they can't take that away with Vader slippers.

5851_1.jpg

You cant blame Disney for all the crap with a SW link for sale. You can only blame Disney for accepting the money from all those goofy manufacturers out there paying for a license to sell their even goofier product, in the hopes of making a killing off the popularity of SW. If someone comes to you for a license would you turn them down? Besides that there is a ton of crap that gets sold without a license. And its not Disney that makes a lot of that crap profitable. Its you, the fan, and impulsive buyer. The reason Disney bought SW from Lucas was to make money. Any and every way they can. And they can only make money is if people want to buy because of their interest in the movies. So the movies have to have top priority for fan approval. And with jj making a mediocre movie, Im sure thats the last thing on his mind. He wants to make a killer movie. He has a reputation to keep up. One he has earned time and time again. I cant wait for the next one.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back