AK: Batsuit V8.03 Upgrade Project

Reznor9

Sr Member
Gearing up to start on my next project, the Batsuit from Arkham Knight. This should be fun.
My only concern is the undersuit... It has a distinct pattern in the upper leg and bicep area but doesn't really have any armor there to craft. So I'll need to stitch a pattern onto an undersuit or I'll have to craft a thin foam layer in those areas. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
image.png

Update: after finding a decently priced used AK batsuit from UD replicas I decided to purchase that for use of my undersuit. I am however going to change out all the accessories as I find the belt, gauntlets, boot covers and chestplate to be slim on actual details. No offense to the actual craftsmanship of the suit as it is a motorcycle suit, not screen accurate cosplay gear. That being said, I'll be upgrading all those pieces with custom made 3D printed parts to make my own custom version of the UD Replica AK suit. Hope you all approve.

Last edited:
Re: Arkham Knight Batsuit: V8.03

Oh this should be fun! Someone posted this earlier and I saved it because I thought it may be some use soon.

im slowly working on this plan to make the armour from carbon fibre, i am thinking to save time i may get the undersuit made as opposed to making it myself

I can't wait to see this project get rolling Reznor. Your projects are always so detail and awesome. Subscribed

Good luck with carbon fiber part. I didn't have fun with it
im not going to utilize real carbon fiber. I'll either use my air brush to simulate the look of I'll use a carbon fiber adhesive vinyl. I'll experiment when I get there.

im not going to utilize real carbon fiber. I'll either use my air brush to simulate the look of I'll use a carbon fiber adhesive vinyl. I'll experiment when I get there.
he was replying to my comment mentioning im slowly working on my own suit with plans to do the armour in cbon fibre :)

Oh this should be fun! Someone posted this earlier and I saved it because I thought it may be some use soon.http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums...Uploads/BWayne_Body_Sheet_out_zpsq9p1kshb.jpg

Bigbat, I got the pictures from the artist's website. He worked on the cinematic video and he has more pictures that are great for references. (http://www.jameskuart.com/bak/)

And Rezor, maybe for the shoes you could try some weightlifting ones.

I think with some tweeking, I would like the undersuit more than the armour over it!

Forgot I had this thread. Been spread pretty thin as of late but I'll be buying a cowl for this project pretty soon so I thought I'd at least post what I had started a couple months ago. Just a couple pics where I was using scrap foam and trying to make a chest template but wasn't happy with the results. Might pick this project back up as I've been tasked with making a belt for this batsuit. Here is a couple test pics.

25677329775_1bd71fc4c1_c.jpg

25651152496_ee9bc77434_c.jpg

25046816254_fc44d688c8_c.jpg

I might give foam another chance but tempted to go the 3D printed route like everyone else seems to be doing.

Forgot I had this thread. Been spread pretty thin as of late but I'll be buying a cowl for this project pretty soon so I thought I'd at least post what I had started a couple months ago. Just a couple pics where I was using scrap foam and trying to make a chest template but wasn't happy with the results. Might pick this project back up as I've been tasked with making a belt for this batsuit. Here is a couple test pics.

[url]https://c8.staticflickr.com/2/1699/25677329775_1bd71fc4c1_c.jpg[/URL]
[url]https://c1.staticflickr.com/2/1647/25651152496_ee9bc77434_c.jpg[/URL]
[url]https://c7.staticflickr.com/2/1587/25046816254_fc44d688c8_c.jpg[/URL]

I might give foam another chance but tempted to go the 3D printed route like everyone else seems to be doing.
I am amazed by the work you can do with foam. If I'd had the skill to do so I probably would have done mine in foam but as I suck I went the 3d printed route.

Gonna be really intrigued to see how you go about this suot

27785547866_7bf44f79eb_c.jpg

27744088691_f8e9bf5ed0_c.jpg

27217137584_7a2183db98_c.jpg

Models for belt almost ready to print. Just a few additional tweaks and they should be pretty close to game accurate.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back