AK: Batsuit V8.03 Upgrade Project

Here are a couple more pics you all might enjoy.

29888309870_2b9bd442e3_c.jpg
Untitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

29577420333_e7987ea03b_c.jpg
29595173384_e644cc0433_c.jpg
29599268204_8368a343b3_c.jpg

After taking a nice break to go to NYCC I'll be returning home late tonight. Hopefully can start a test print of the chest before bed and see if anything needs tweaking.

Outstanding job Reznor9. To say it looks great doesn't go far enough. Clearly a mountain of work went into it. I know you will continue to keep tweaking the suit, Something to consider is the gloss of the finishes. You have many different shades of black & grey going on, also a variety of sheens. The matte finish on the cowl in direct contrast with the gloss finish of the chest emblem really stands out. If that's your choice, cool, but I think you've built a movie quality suit and some more attention to the way the light hits it would take it even further. Fantastic job!

Outstanding job Reznor9. To say it looks great doesn't go far enough. Clearly a mountain of work went into it. I know you will continue to keep tweaking the suit, Something to consider is the gloss of the finishes. You have many different shades of black & grey going on, also a variety of sheens. The matte finish on the cowl in direct contrast with the gloss finish of the chest emblem really stands out. If that's your choice, cool, but I think you've built a movie quality suit and some more attention to the way the light hits it would take it even further. Fantastic job!

Thanks for your comment man. The Hernandez EFX cowl itself, actually has different sheens to the blacks. The majority being matte, but certain areas are satin and done so on purpose.
The contrasting glossy chest emblem is actually the way the undersuit came. The undersuit is a motorcycle suit by UD Replicas. The suit itself is of very good quality aside from the lack of stretch in the materials in the groin which limits you from doing poses that require squatting. But is still comfortable to walk in. I don't like the chest piece however due to its ill shapen contours and lack of details. So I'll be attempting to make a decent replacement piece.(crossing fingers)
as far as the belt, gauntlets and boots... in my personal opinion the UD suit fails miserably to provide accurate Replicas. So I've trashed those pieces and total rebuilt them from scratch. Those pieces all modeled from scratch, printed and cast... they all received a satin finish on top of a weathered paintjob.

- - - Updated - - -

Is also possible that I'll remake the shoulder armor and replace the ones that come attached to the UD Suit if I am able to cleanly remove them.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back